Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: We've got Chinese SKS Rifles in stock!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 05RAV View Post
    I said there is some likelihood that it might be a commercial. Might or might not. The Chinese SKS's are very tricky.

The mismatched one could have been refurbished at some point in time and then used. Just semantics. The important part is that they look heavy beaters.
    A couple months ago I purchased an unissued Chinese SKS in an excellent condition, all matching numbers (the receiver, buttstock, trigger guard and magazine)with a factory code /306\ which I read somewhere is more rare. So, at the moment I'm satisfied. No desire to buy one of these above.
    The importer told an LGS near me that there were no commercial SKS in this batch, all military, what they call refurb and unissued non refurb!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    The importer told an LGS near me that there were no commercial SKS in this batch, all military, what they call refurb and unissued non refurb!
    "They" being the importer? I'd like to see some solid lineage of where these came from. China? Somewhere else in the world supplied by China? These look a lot like what the US has been receiving lately and those US imports were not coming out of China, but elsewhere from regions receiving previous Chinese aid.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    "They" being the importer? I'd like to see some solid lineage of where these came from. China? Somewhere else in the world supplied by China? These look a lot like what the US has been receiving lately and those US imports were not coming out of China, but elsewhere from regions receiving previous Chinese aid.
    Good point, I did see the listing and they were being listed as Chinese SKS, but who knows! North Sylva was the importer for the ones I was referring to! Makes it kind of interesting!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Good point, I did see the listing and they were being listed as Chinese SKS, but who knows! North Sylva was the importer for the ones I was referring to! Makes it kind of interesting!
    Would not be surprised if NS brought in all of the ones looking like these. Or if some other importer, if they were sourced from the same part of the globe.

Lots of different importets tapped into the Ukraine for the Russian SKS imports from that region. Noone importer has a lock.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

tempting

For value later in life what swivel is a better choice

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Can't really see them gaining a lot of value with the shape they are in, but who knows, there is a sticky at the top of the red rifle section about Chinese SKS, you may get some help there!
    Last edited by bobdbldr; 12-20-2016 at 06:11 PM.

Can't really see them gaining a lot of value with the shape they are in, but who knows, there is a sticky stick the top of the red rifle section about Chinese SKS, you may get some help there!
    The sticky is very out of date with what has been discovered since it's writing.

Expired Business Member
    Done sorting more of them, let us know if you are looking for a specific manufacturer, or serial number range, etc!

Some have some other interesting features (bottom swivel converted to side, S/N prefixes, etc).

If you have any questions, feel free to PM, email, or send a Facebook message to us.

Sincerely, K
    Last edited by HalifaxArmyNavyStore; 01-09-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Expired Business Member
    Still have a couple in stock, but selection of manufacturers is getting smaller.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast