Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: We've got Chinese SKS Rifles in stock!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guess_kto View Post
    You need to get markings and other info out to sell them at collectable price. Too much norinco junk around
    This. Markings, features etc are important. If collecting.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by HalifaxArmyNavyStore View Post
    If you are so inclined, PM us about layaway

EDIT: Sincerely, K
    Excellent response - that's great business accumen!
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    You haven't been buying chinese sks lately off the ee. 300 is average.

BBQ paint and refurb marks are a Russian thing. Not chinese.
    actually yes,bought another one 2 weeks or so ago,and getting another one from my local place for $175.00 this week,the forth one this year,2 of them we're factory 26,i just told him,SKS $200.00 and under,he calls me,i guess eastern part of Canada has tons of SKS still,not to mention we're about 30 minutes from the 2 biggest sellers of SKS over the years,bought i agree these ones seems cool if you're a collector,not sure why anybody would collect SKS's but to each is own,seller should really post pictures of the markings if he is to try and get collector to buy,which seems to be more what these a geared towards,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    actually yes,bought another one 2 weeks or so ago,and getting another one from my local place for $175.00 this week,the forth one this year,2 of them we're factory 26,i just told him,SKS $200.00 and under,he calls me,i guess eastern part of Canada has tons of SKS still,not to mention we're about 30 minutes from the 2 biggest sellers of SKS over the years,bought i agree these ones seems cool if you're a collector,not sure why anybody would collect SKS's but to each is own,seller should really post pictures of the markings if he is to try and get collector to buy,which seems to be more what these a geared towards,
    Im a fan of collecting sks over shooting. I just dont find them very enjoyable anymore to shoot with.

Expired Business Member
    Here are some pictures of stamps, as requested.

All of those are from the two rifles currently on display in the cage.

Name:  Ov0nXlD.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  45.4 KB

Name:  XF5bQvs.jpg
Views: 978
Size:  46.2 KB

Name:  bwRVdHr.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  55.0 KB

Name:  yHGYNgc.jpg
Views: 977
Size:  58.1 KB

Name:  IDy92wZ.jpg
Size:  75.7 KB

All of the ones we have come with spike bayonets, no blades.

Quote Originally Posted by HalifaxArmyNavyStore View Post
    Here are some pictures of stamps, as requested.

All of those are from the two rifles currently on display in the cage.

Name:  Ov0nXlD.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  45.4 KB

Name:  XF5bQvs.jpg
Size:  46.2 KB

Name:  bwRVdHr.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  55.0 KB

Name:  yHGYNgc.jpg
Views: 977
Size:  58.1 KB

Name:  IDy92wZ.jpg
Size:  75.7 KB

All of the ones we have come with spike bayonets, no blades.
    If the three upper pics come from the same SKS then the numbers are not matching. Magazine: 22463; trigger guard: 23254 and the receiver: 1512684. I can’t clearly decipher the factory number on the receiver, on the right side of the serial number. Is it /0306\? It seems to be a refurb re-assembled from a number of non-matching components.
    The bottom two pics show a typical Type 56 carbine. I can’t clearly decipher the factory number in a triangle: is it /606\ ? The numbers on the stock and receiver are matching but the stock is quite beaten. The sling swivel is located at the bottom of the stock not on the side which is a Russian style bottom swivel. Might be early production stock? It would be nice to see a number on the trigger guard if it’s matching.
    The bottom SKS should be more carefully inspected to find out more exactly the production period.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Bottom is 626 I think!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 05RAV View Post
    If the three upper pics come from the same SKS then the numbers are not matching. Magazine: 22463; trigger guard: 23254 and the receiver: 1512684. I can’t clearly decipher the factory number on the receiver, on the right side of the serial number. Is it /0306\? It seems to be a refurb re-assembled from a number of non-matching components.
    The bottom two pics show a typical Type 56 carbine. I can’t clearly decipher the factory number in a triangle: is it /606\ ? The numbers on the stock and receiver are matching but the stock is quite beaten. The sling swivel is located at the bottom of the stock not on the side which is a Russian style bottom swivel. Might be early production stock? It would be nice to see a number on the trigger guard if it’s matching.
    The bottom SKS should be more carefully inspected to find out more exactly the production period.
    I do not think we ever said that those are numbers matching. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Again, they are advertised as military refurb. I understand the difference between non-matching (what these ones are), force matched (like all the crated Soviet SKSs that were imported in the last number of years), and NOS/non-refurb.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the display rifles are from factories 366 and 0306.

Sincerely, K

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Took a quick look at the 2 they had left, one looked like factory 26 and the other I am not sure, refurb is understated, not as nice as the worst Russian refurb but very interesting, if the one I wanted was there I would have bought it, the muzzles were redone with a pipe reamer I think!! For a collector they would be cool for sure if you find the one you are looking for but other than that, I wouldn't buy them as a shooter! YMMV.

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    The bottom one is one of the "unknown" arsenal stamps over on SKS files dot com. Unknown stamp 5.

The other one is 366 for sure.

CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast