Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: We've got Chinese SKS Rifles in stock!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Fenceline, one of the 2 that i saw weren't the ones pictured above but your post shows the second SKS I couldn't identify I think. It looked lik ?5 on the first row of markings! They are quite rough!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Sks files has more I just picked the two pictures that reflected what the OP posted.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    There will be lots of these around I believe as well as unissued non refurb coming soon!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    The bottom one is one of the "unknown" arsenal stamps over on SKS files dot com. Unknown stamp 5.

The other one is 366 for sure.

The top one is a refurb with the receiver from a factory 0306 which you claim is ?5.

The bottom one is a real Type 56 from a factory #366. This was confirmed by K in #38 above.

Mismatched is not the same as refurb.

These are all Type 56. Not sure what you mean by "real".
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Mismatched is not the same as refurb.

These are all Type 56. Not sure what you mean by "real".
    Sure you can call it mismatched, although if some used parts are replaced by new parts or slightly used parts, it's also refurb, at least in my understanding.
    By "real", I mean unchanged after release from the factory, all matching, with the 3 Chinese characters between the factory code/number and the serial number which translate to a "Type 56 carbine". If those Chinese characters are missing there is some likelihood that it might be a commercial SKS not a military one. Anyway, may be that word "real" was not necessary.

Lacking the Chinese characters does not mean it is commercial. It just means the factory didn't put those characters on for whatever reason. Export production may not be commercial either, just not chinese military use. The chinese characters also didn't come along until well after chinese military production began. Early guns had no chinese character and the earliest chinese Type 56 didn't even have arsenal markings.

Refurb is more suitable to Russian or Yugo sks given they actually documented the formal refurbishment process with refurb stampings. Mix matched guns can only be attributed as being mix matched as when or how the mismatch occurred cannot be known. It could be the guns were assembled from parts obtained by an importer, or by a military warehouse surplusing guns. Any million of ways. I could mix match a bunch of matching guns in my basement, sell them, and they wouldn't be refurb.

Given the looks of these sks, they are mismatched with no work at refinishing or refurbishing them. Calling them refurb doesn't fit.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The Chinese SKS that went to Vietnam initially ( millions) also did not have characters, as they were supposed to be secretly supplied! There was some refurbish type stuff done,as I was saying earlier, the muzzles were redone, terribly, like with a pipe reamer, but it was done, unless that is what they looked like from the factory!

Lacking the Chinese characters does not mean it is commercial.
    I said there is some likelihood that it might be a commercial. Might or might not. The Chinese SKS's are very tricky.

Given the looks of these sks, they are mismatched with no work at refinishing or refurbishing them. Calling them refurb doesn't fit.
    The mismatched one could have been refurbished at some point in time and then used. Just semantics. The important part is that they look heavy beaters.
    A couple months ago I purchased an unissued Chinese SKS in an excellent condition, all matching numbers (the receiver, buttstock, trigger guard and magazine)with a factory code /306\ which I read somewhere is more rare. So, at the moment I'm satisfied. No desire to buy one of these above.

It might have been a lot of things. My point is simply being mismatched is not evidence of refurbishment. It could have been chairman mao's too. But without facts or markings to verify such postulations, it is without fact or merit.

/306\ isn't rare. 306, 256 (incorrectly called 625) and a few others were part of the typical arsenals we saw import routinely up to a few years ago.

The chinsee sks secrets aren't as secret any more. Lots of insight over at sks files. Data based investigations. The chinese sks info for far too long was largely based on assumptions.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast