Thread: PPU 8mm Lebel ammo?

BANNED

PPU 8mm Lebel ammo?

Any chance you guys intend to carry, or can order 8mm Lebel ammo made by PPU?

thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pcvando's Avatar
    They are going to say that it's on order, but PPU does a seasonal run with these calibers. The best way to find out when they get it again is to "add to wish list" on their website. That way you will be notified immediately when it is back in stock.

However, they are referring to the Fiocci "8mm lebel" revolver Ammo. Which isn't what you are looking for.

People have asked the same question many times including myself and it looks like your best bet is to import it yourself because "8mm Lebel" (8x50) isn't imported by the distributors, despite requests.

Also, it seems to be on back order in the USA as well. Reloading or importing expensive Ammo will be your two options at this point.

GunNutz
    One of those cartridges you really need to reload for. Brass is readily available, as are bullets. Bonus that it's a whole lot cheaper.

I know it doesn't help you, but I'm pretty sure Canadian Tire on Leila here in Winnipeg has some.

BANNED
    I'm shocked to hear CT has some, I'll check my local store for the slim chance they're carrying it as well.

I figured reloading was probably the smart way to go, but was trying to avoid it since I haven't gotten into reloading yet. I managed to find a couple paper packs of 30's produced surplus ammo for more then I probably should've paid. I didn't think early french guns were so uncommon in Canada for retailers not to find it worthwhile to bring in the ammo. Especially since calibers for guns I would consider as obscure as the Lebel like 8x56r seem to be carried everywhere.

Sent you a pm with source. Don't want to say on another dealer's forum.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    I assume rifle

we can order it when the supplier gets it in stock

BANNED
    Yes the rifle ammo, and please do order when its available. I have no doubts it'll sell out in no time.

Thanks