Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: CDX-R7 SHEEPDOG & SHEPHERD Actions and Strike Nuke micro-chassis

Patrice,

Are there any plans to offer the Strike Nuke inletted for other actions?
    I'm looking for a stock of this style for a Tikka T3.
    If there are plans to build them, I would happily wait and purchase a quality Canadian product.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    Looking at your website, I see it lists different bolt faces are available, specifically B,C and D. I'm guessing .470", .540", .585"? Any chance of .384"?
    Also, the different bolt knob styles, any chance of photos?
    Hi,

you are really close for the measure of the bolts faces!

B: .480"
    C: .550"
    D: .600"

Unfortunately we are not currently planing on developing a bolt face A (+/-.384") due to the lack of demand.
    that being said never say never.

And regarding the bolt knob style i copied you the link to our catalogue directly on the page that interest you.
    If you want to take a few second to look at the whole catalogue you'll see a lot new cool stuff for 2017!

http://www.cadexdefence.com/catalog-flipbook/#page/20

Best regards

Nicolas Gendron Customer Service
    (450) 348-6774
    customerservice@cadexinc.com
    www.cadexdefence.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Patrice,

Are there any plans to offer the Strike Nuke inletted for other actions?
    I'm looking for a stock of this style for a Tikka T3.
    If there are plans to build them, I would happily wait and purchase a quality Canadian product.
    Hi Carson,

Unfortunately for now it's now in our plan.
    we started the development of the Nuke with the Remington 700 because it's the most available action on the market and since the mold is a little fortune we started by the one action we ave the most chance to sale.
    If everything goes well we will think about expending the choice of action available!

If you are ready to wait to buy your stock you can fallow us on Facebook.
    Or contact me on my e-mail address once in a wile and i will keep you updated with pleasure.

Best regards,

(450)348-6774

CGN Regular
    Hey Patrice, could you give me a weight estimate on a 260 Sheepdog with a 24 inch barrel? I love the fact you guys are Canadian made and the adjustable chassis but this would be my one rifle to rule them all so to speak. As much as I like the looks, I'd rather not lug a 10 or 11 pound rifle with scope around after coyotes or deer and I'm stuck in southern Ontario with a caliber limitation of 7mm and under I believe (might be 270 or less). I've got lots of 308 brass since that's what my dad shoots and sourcing Creedmoor or 6.5x47 Lapua can be a pain I've been told.

Cheers,
    Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgard View Post
    Hey Patrice, could you give me a weight estimate on a 260 Sheepdog with a 24 inch barrel? I love the fact you guys are Canadian made and the adjustable chassis but this would be my one rifle to rule them all so to speak. As much as I like the looks, I'd rather not lug a 10 or 11 pound rifle with scope around after coyotes or deer and I'm stuck in southern Ontario with a caliber limitation of 7mm and under I believe (might be 270 or less). I've got lots of 308 brass since that's what my dad shoots and sourcing Creedmoor or 6.5x47 Lapua can be a pain I've been told.

Cheers,
    Wes

Cheers,
    Wes
    Hello Sir

This rifle alone weight about 10.5 to 12 pounds depending on the configuration so it's definitely not a light gun. It's intended for long distance shooting, not to walk a lot like coyote hunting.

Your best option may have to go with a smaller contour barrel. You could buy the Strike Nuke chassis alone, the CDX-R7 action alone and then have a small contour barrel or carbon wrapped barrel installed on this action by your local gunsmith.

This may be a better solution for you.

The Strike nuke is about 4.0 to 4.3 lbs depending on the configuration.

Let me know if I could be of more help.

Best regards
    Cadex Customer Service Representative(s)
    1-888-348-6774
    https://www.cadexdefence.com/

For any emergency please contact:
    Patrice Picard
    Sales Director

514-821-7983
    patrice@cadexinc.com

Cheers,
    Wes
    Hello Sir

This rifle alone weight about 10.5 to 12 pounds depending on the configuration so it's definitely not a light gun. It's intended for long distance shooting, not to walk a lot like coyote hunting.

Your best option may have to go with a smaller contour barrel. You could buy the Strike Nuke chassis alone, the CDX-R7 action alone and then have a small contour barrel or carbon wrapped barrel installed on this action by your local gunsmith.

This may be a better solution for you.

The Strike nuke is about 4.0 to 4.3 lbs depending on the configuration.

Let me know if I could be of more help.

Best regards
    1-888-348-6774

Patrice Picard
    Sales Director

514-821-7983
    patrice@cadexinc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cadex Defence View Post
    Hi Carson,

Unfortunately for now it's now in our plan.
    we started the development of the Nuke with the Remington 700 because it's the most available action on the market and since the mold is a little fortune we started by the one action we ave the most chance to sale.
    If everything goes well we will think about expending the choice of action available!
    If you are ready to wait to buy your stock you can fallow us on Facebook.
    Or contact me on my e-mail address once in a wile and i will keep you updated with pleasure.

Best regards,

(450)348-6774
    Thanks for letting me know.
    I think this will be a popular product for you, it will definitely be a stock I would consider for future builds.

CGN Regular
    Thanks Patrice, I've liked the idea of an adjustable stock since I discovered my 870 length of pull was too long, makes me worried other factory firearms won't fit me without a new stock or modification, this conveniently solves that problem in a Canadian made package. I was looking at a GRS stock but the Strike nuke is actually cheaper and synthetic which will be better if the weather gets rough.

Do you recommend anyone in Ontario in particular Patrice? I've been looking to do some business with Tactical Ordinance, I know they do rem 700 work but if I'm going to sink the money in your products I want to use a smith you trust that is familiar with Cadex products.
    Last edited by Wulfgard; 02-21-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Thanks Patrice, I've liked the idea of an adjustable stock since I discovered my 870 length of pull was too long, makes me worried other factory firearms won't fit me with a new stock or modification, this conveniently solves that problem in a Canadian made package. I was looking at a GRS stock but the Strike nuke is actually cheaper and synthetic which will be better if the weather gets rough.

Do you recommend anyone in Ontario in particular Patrice? I've been looking to do some business with Tactical Ordinance, I know they do rem 700 work but if I'm going to sink the money in your products I want to use a smith you trust that is familiar with Cadex products.
    I have no reason to send you away from Tactical Ordnance because Casey is one of the great knowledgeable gunsmith that I know. I'm sure he can help you and make you save some hard earned money compared to buy from us.

Let me know if you need more help.

Best regards
    1-888-348-6774

Patrice Picard
    Sales Director

514-821-7983
    patrice@cadexinc.com

CGN Regular
    I have this feeling Tac Ord is going to be getting a lot of my hard earned money in the next year or two... Ah well rather support Canadians anyways!