Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CZ Magazine +2 Base Pads now available!

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    Exactly. Some retailer just don't think when gouging prices. This was going for $10 at another retailer before they ran out after all the craziness about them with which started with shadow 2. You can get these with a magazine for $22 in us for goodness sake.
    this isn't the US and your talking a few years back

this statement is irrelevant to todays market and also once again this is canada

CGN frequent flyer
    Yes we are in Canada, retailers gouge away because there isn't a whole lot of competition, everything can be blamed on ITAR, Canadian dollar, just look at the sales going on now. Prime example a shotgun that went for $1100 a year ago or so now costs $500 because a newer model came out. Canada is becoming a dumping ground for Turkish crap as well.

A Happy Gouging and a Merry Gouging to all.
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

Morning Star

The Lightbringer
    No it is not an illegal product, and while the odd pad may have shown up in the odd CZ box along with the 1/3 plastic 10 round mags, they won't work on those mags. As well, when they show up in the box with a pistol they don't have the retail display packaging included with them. I would be very very careful about making claims of a respectable business selling illegal parts. If they make a complaint to us (the mods) you will be infracted and possibly banned for your stupidity.
    As to how they work, MecGar makes new CZ mags which are identical to the 17 round mags the Shadow 2s ship with in free countries, expect these 10 round ones have a dimple in the side which limits them to 10 rounds with a full metal body. The +2 baseplate doesn't add any capacity but does add more gripping surface for those looking for such a thing (like me).
    Slavex
    It's always more fun to shoot stuff that does stuff.

Some Mornings, It's Just Not Worth Chewing Through The Leather Straps

If you think something is cheaper elsewhere just buy it from there. Bad form to complain in a vendor's site.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

I don't understand the complaining here. I'd been looking for these for over a year and they've been impossible to find since long before the Shadow 2. Yes, they don't actually add capacity obviously but it's much easier to seat a magazine in a hurry with a rubber baseplate. Plus the standard mecgar ones often fly off when dropped hard on rocks or concrete. Best price I can find in the US is $12 USD, and they would have cost me considerably more than the price here to import. Thumbs up for bringing in something the IPSC community really wants.

just to add fire to the flames I just got a couple of these over Christmas for $11 CDN each from another vendor.

will these pads work with the factory mags or do i need to buy Mecgar mags..??

CGN frequent flyer G-Man_Quagmire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    If you think something is cheaper elsewhere just buy it from there. Bad form to complain in a vendor's site.
    Agreed.
    People should world proof their children instead of trying to child proof the world.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf19534 View Post
    will these pads work with the factory mags or do i need to buy Mecgar mags..??
    These won't work with the 1/3 plastic lower mags. They fit the Corwin Italian mags but with some fitting (how secure they are after that is a guess). One quick way to check is to remove the base plate of your mag. Insert it into the magwell. If there's approx 3/16" space from the bottom of the magwell to the bottom of the mag, you should be good.
    CSSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    These won't work with the 1/3 plastic lower mags. They fit the Corwin Italian mags but with some fitting (how secure they are after that is a guess). One quick way to check is to remove the base plate of your mag. Insert it into the magwell. If there's approx 3/16" space from the bottom of the magwell to the bottom of the mag, you should be good.
    thx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12