Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another idea with Pictures! Tokarev TT

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar

Lightbulb Another idea with Pictures! Tokarev TT

How about improved receiver for TT-33 to make it similar to 1911? It can be 80% kit so we could match it perfectly to the slide and internal parts such as trigger group.

Below is my gun that has original receiver that was butchered (some extra metal, etc) to get the proper look. the mag also had a butt plate made to fit nicely.

Steel is a material, but design is quite simple (it's quite simple gun in the first place), so milling is not that hard. All is needed is to design the grip. At least you can use my picture for inspiration. This would be a really nice kit.

PS. If you need a stripped receiver, I can get it for you if needed.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

Nyet Nyet-------pistol is fine az eet eyz
    GUNS spelled backwards is SNUG coincidence--- not,, cause I feel safe and snug when I am with my guns![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I will be nicer when you get smarter.....
    we can fix broken but stupid is forever.

Quote Originally Posted by 577/450 View Post
    Nyet Nyet-------pistol is fine az eet eyz
    I'm guessing his thoughts are you could build a Tokarev for next to nothing with a parts kit,

Quote Originally Posted by guess_kto View Post
    How about improved receiver for TT-33 to make it similar to 1911? It can be 80% kit so we could match it perfectly to the slide and internal parts such as trigger group.

Below is my gun that has original receiver that was butchered (some extra metal, etc) to get the proper look. the mag also had a butt plate made to fit nicely.

Steel is a material, but design is quite simple (it's quite simple gun in the first place), so milling is not that hard. All is needed is to design the grip. At least you can use my picture for inspiration. This would be a really nice kit.

PS. If you need a stripped receiver, I can get it for you if needed.
    I'm guessing that because you can get a full Tokarev for like $199-$300 would make this a non money maker for Dlask. unless of course there are supplie of parts kits sitting off shore somewhere in the world.
    “Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them.” - Jeff Cooper

You can get a full 1911 for $700, but, with Tokarev, you can easily sacrifice $200 gun to build a $400 one. 10-22 didn't become a gun "lego" because it was expensive.

1) This gun is inspired by Browning guns, so whatever you do for 1911, HP, etc. you can do for this gun. For example, trigger, hammer,etc.

2) This gun is "M16 of handguns", since it has (a) minimum parts, and (b) uses independent trigger group block.

Therefore, you can do tons of modifications this this gun while base items are cheap surplus with current prices of $200 per gun. Gentlemen, we do have a future "lego handgun" here!

A) We can have a nice ergonomic frame with modern grip style.
    B) We can have grip plates
    C) We can have hammer, trigger, housing, trigger group upgrades
    D) We can have 9mm caliber kits (need barrel and mags). Bring the barrel, I'll figure the mags at reasonable price.

This is an awesome toy for modifications. Forget that's Russian surplus, there is lots of ways we can use it.

Here is a simple of simple disassembly:

As you can see, the hammer group is a part. The ugliest part is a receiver. The trigger is also simple, I don't know why they didn't bother to remove it and grips for picture, but to understand the complete simplicity, here is all the parts picture:

Many parts are solid and can be kept as is. However, some parts can be improved, even just for esthetic reason, e.g. hammer, trigger, grips, receiver, mag plate, trigger springs.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

PS. some parts can be removed all together, e.g. belt loop on the receiver.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    A receiver and frame that prevented "hammer bite" would be lovely. My clone has the "tokagrypt" or whatever, which beats the original, but still allows a large hand to get bit if your grip is a tad too high.

The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

CGN frequent flyer incorrigible's Avatar
    replacing the grip helps wonders

for the grip I had to install a magazine eject button extender though...

Aequitas Veritas... Sanguis Coimhéad Fearg Fhear Na Foighde
    Proelium Comminus Auctoritate لحم الخنزير المقدد هو رائع! Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The handle is too short imho, so just grips would not fix it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I like shooting my stock Tokarevs. Don't know if I would put any money into them?
    Grips maybe but who sells them? I don't have small hands...

CGN Regular
    Marshal grips dot com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast