Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer P320 Wins U.S Army Contract & Winner of the Modular Handgun

Sig Sauer P320 Wins U.S Army Contract & Winner of the Modular Handgun

Sig Sauer announced today that the United States Army has selected the Sig Sauer P320 to replace the M9 service pistol currently in use. Released in 2014, the P320 Polymer striker fired pistol has proven itself in the United States and in Worldwide markets. It is the first modular pistol with interchangeable grip modules that can be adjusted in frame size and caliber by the operator. All pistols will be produced in the United States at the Sig Sauer facilities in New Hampshire.

Among other companies, Sig Sauer beat Glock (which submitted the Glock 17 and 19), FN, and Beretta (the current manufacturer of the M9, which submitted an updated version of pistol known as the M9A3 and a completely new handgun in the striker fired APX) in the Modular Handgun System competition, which lasted over a year.

The P320 is also designed to facilitate easy conversion between 9mm, .357 SIG and .40S&W. Sources indicate that Sig submitted both 9mm and .40 S&W versions to the competition. While it’s not 100% clear at this time which caliber the Army will choose for the new M17 handgun, it’s likely that the service will stick with the 9mm Luger cartridge.

At the SIG SAUER Academy we get a chance to watch IPSC World Champion Max Michel set a Guinness World Record. Six plate targets from the draw in less then 10 seconds with a 9mm handgun is the goal, but let’s see if he can take them down in less than 2.5 with a SIG P320RX. Let’s just say there’s a reason he’s team captain. Watch Max Michel work his magic as our cameras role for an exclusive look at a new record. Max did it in 2.05 seconds as his best time in three attempts. Max Michel accomplished this feat with his full-size SIG SAUER P320 in 9mm topped with a ROMEO3 mini reflex sight, ran with SIG SAUER Elite Performance Ammunition. Interestingly, the P320 comes equipped with a ROMEO1, but Max prefers the ROMEO3

Read more: http://www.recoilweb.com/recoiltv-tr...#ixzz4VNNAMdcr

Thank you everyone for all of your support this past year, it has truly been tremendous! The 320 line has been a great success for us, we have the new 320RX & 320FDE both on order and scheduled for delivery in the first quarter of 2017. We will soon see what Sig Sauer has planned to be released at Shot Show 2017.

Also now available are the easily interchangeable grips in Small/Medium/Large and in Black/FDE/ODG and Conversion Kits now being ordered in .357Sig/40cal/9mm

[B][SIZE=3]
    Last edited by MD Charlton; 01-21-2017 at 01:59 PM.
    MD Charlton Co.
    Sig Sauer Master Distributor and Canadian Warranty Center

I need the FDE in my life. Are any in right now? Are they full-sized guns or the shorter compacts with threaded barrels or something?
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

Any msrp for the 320RX yet?

CGN frequent flyer

Can one be just whelmed only?

OMG I am so overwhelmed by such generosity.

America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

The 320 FDE Fullsize grips in FDE and ODG have been shipping to dealers with open orders. The complete FDE Fullsize firearms should be shipping to us in the first quarter of 2017. The 320RX is coming in complete with the Romeo1 sight and MSRP will be under the $1199 mark but Dealers will determine the final selling price. We will wait to see what kind of complete package it comes with.
    MD Charlton Co.
    Sig Sauer Master Distributor and Canadian Warranty Center

Can you point me in the direction of dealers with FDE frames, presently? I'm strongly considering buying a 320 now and not waiting for the full FDE ones to arrive... Our dollar's only going further down the toilet.

Thanks!

Bradley
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

Possible to order a Compact frame?
    I prefer the look of the shorter frame and fullsize slide
    Makes it look more like a p226

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaveHammer View Post
    Can you point me in the direction of dealers with FDE frames, presently? I'm strongly considering buying a 320 now and not waiting for the full FDE ones to arrive... Our dollar's only going further down the toilet.

Thanks!

Bradley
    Check out firearms outlet canada.
    Looked like they had several when I was there less then a week ago
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Regular
    How and where do I pre-purchase the Sig320RX?

Thanks for the update MDC. I don't supposed there was any mention of the 320 Target or the 45 ACP conversion kit?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast