Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming changes for 2017

Not true.

There is the Home Trust visa.
    ICORE/IPSC/USPSA

Wow, wasn't aware of Home Trust Visa - my bad then.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalstar66 View Post
    FWIW, sadly the Amazon card finally "closes" on 15 March 2018, so now there is no longer any other Canadian credit card that charges 0% on FX charges....
    Fido MC charges 2.5% for FX transactions but they offer 4% cash back on FX transactions. Equals out to about 1.5% cashback.

There are issues with the Home Trust visa. They have declined people with excellent credit in the past. Now though it seems that they are swamped with applications. I got a we will get back to you in 3-4 weeks email, 2 WEEKS after I applied. Yikes. But there were theories that the recent uptick in Oaken's GIC rates is an attempt to fund these extra card applications. Soooo...who knows?

The Fido/Rogers card is ok but from what I've read, refunds to the card is where you'll get shafted (on the forex charges)
    ICORE/IPSC/USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by chillyrabbit View Post
    Fido MC charges 2.5% for FX transactions but they offer 4% cash back on FX transactions. Equals out to about 1.5% cashback.
    Agree with MikeyScuba. Problem with Fido/Rogers cards are returns/refunds. You lose the 4% cash back and get dinged the 2.5% charge. I used the Amazon card for things like car rental and hotels where either a full charge was made, and later refunded and re-booked when the price got better. With the Fido/Rogers cards, I cannot do that as the 2.5% cost on the "refund" makes it less economically viable.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalstar66 View Post
    Agree with MikeyScuba. Problem with Fido/Rogers cards are returns/refunds. You lose the 4% cash back and get dinged the 2.5% charge. I used the Amazon card for things like car rental and hotels where either a full charge was made, and later refunded and re-booked when the price got better. With the Fido/Rogers cards, I cannot do that as the 2.5% cost on the "refund" makes it less economically viable.
    Hmm good point, I haven't had to return or refund anything that I buy in USD. Especially since refund/returns of items end up costing me almost the cost of the item. But for big ticket things like trips, car rentals and hotels that's where you have to be careful.

Maybe I am just tired but can't seem to figure out this ordering from the US site.
    I get the shipping and exchange rates but is that all there is? or is there still a $250 export fee on top of that?
    I have an order sitting in my cart and am afraid to pull the trigger on the confirm order button!
    "Viva Italia! Goodbye to all poor peoples everywhere! Pusha da button!"

—Giuseppe Zangara, executed in Florida on March 20, 1933"

Quote Originally Posted by telesquirt View Post
    Maybe I am just tired but can't seem to figure out this ordering from the US site.
    I get the shipping and exchange rates but is that all there is? or is there still a $250 export fee on top of that?
    I have an order sitting in my cart and am afraid to pull the trigger on the confirm order button!
    If you buy the rifle FROM Irunguns.com's website, then it's the US$ price you see, plus $25 to get it shipped to Canada, plus your Provincial tax plus shipping costs from Edmonton to your door.

If you buy from a 3rd party, and ask irunguns to IMPORT it on your behalf, then it's CA$200 import fee, $25 shipping from US to Edmonton, plus import duty(if applicable) plus your Provincial tax plus shipping cost from Edmonton to your door.

There is NO CA$200 importation charges if bought FROM Irunguns.

Thanks Globalstar66!----I got it now!
    "Viva Italia! Goodbye to all poor peoples everywhere! Pusha da button!"

—Giuseppe Zangara, executed in Florida on March 20, 1933"

Quote Originally Posted by telesquirt View Post
    Thanks Globalstar66!----I got it now!
    No worries - order tonight and you should have it mid March - the cutoff is tonight. Otherwise you move on a month. LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast