Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future Boberg XR-9 & XR-45 Parts Request

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar

Future Boberg XR-9 & XR-45 Parts Request

I am starting this thread because of these two posts in a previous thread:

Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    Waiting on Bond Arms to start offering them up to the public again, my best guess/hope would be that they'll have more info on production schedules for us at the 2017 SHOT Show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    I wasn't smart enough to grab a spare couple of recoil springs before Boberg sold out though.
    When you get to SHOT Show could you please talk to Bond Arms about at least providing some basic parts for the XR-9S (with long barrel), XR9-L & XR45-S (with long barrel) that came to Canada. I know you have a few XR9 6.5lb trigger springs and XR45 magazines in stock, but recoil springs, other springs, firing pins, etc would be nice.

For those of us that own one we seem to love the little bullpup pistol a lot (or hate'em and sell'em to someone who will) and I think that it would be nice for Bond Arms to create a "parts kit" of bare essential parts to keep them running for us. I hope they will do the right thing by servicing and providing parts for the Boberg versions.

Thank you kindly.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

X2^
    I have been in contact with Bond Arms as I am in need of a recoil spring for my XR45. They graciously offered to supply me with one free of charge, until they found out I was in Canada. ITAR rules will not allow them to send parts over the border without an importer,. I too, would appreciate an importer bringing in parts to service us Canadian owners. While you are at it, please find out if you can get some of their Bond Bullpups when they are released and ask if their grips will be interchangeable with the Boberg pistols.
    Thanks

Reply from Bond Arms

I sent an email to Bond Arms (with Wanstalls information) in hopes I would be one more voice encouraging them to provide parts and products to us Canadians.

Here is their reply:

Unfortunately due to licensing restrictions we're unable to ship any gun parts outside the US from our facility. We're about to release the Bond Bullpup which is like the XR9-S. We're planning to release the long version at a later date. We're not selling spare parts right now but let me know if you have an issue where something is broken or causing the gun to not function. We'll do what we can to get replacement parts to you but they'll have to be sent through an exporter. Shortly after releasing the Bullpup extra parts should be more readily available and many parts are the same for the short and long versions. You would still have to purchase through an exporter but Wanstalls should be able to get the parts for you at that point.

Thank you,
    Liz Woolverton
    Bond Arms
    P.O.Box 1296
    Granbury, TX 76048
    1-817-573-4445
    M-F 8:30 to 4pm CST
    www.bondarms.com

/\_______

(0)______ Think

(0)______ Twice
    Last edited by Aniest; 12-29-2016 at 11:25 PM. Reason: shortening quote
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    That's great news. Last I heard from them, they had no plans for the long version.

part kits would be great.

extra mags also

Quote Originally Posted by Predatorcrh View Post
    part kits would be great.
    I specifically mentioned as a suggestion of mine (not confirmed by Bond Arms) having readily available (quoted from my email to Bond Arms):
    I suggest a 3 pack of magazine springs in a package, one each for the 9 & 45 (if springs are different). Recoil springs in packages of two. Lastly creating a "basic emergency parts kit" for each firearm: one of every spring except main spring, two tong springs and two leaf springs; one grip screw; an extractor; one firing pin and one .063 Dia x 7/16" long dowel pin (used 3 times on Boberg).
    I made a basic guess on what could go wrong on the XR-9 or XR-45 from my .pdf manual exploded diagram; although in my time on the Boberg forums the two biggest issues where a lost grip screw (when changing main spring) and a "walking" .063 dowel pin that did not get Lock-tite on the original production batch.

As I said I have no want to "step on toes" and simply have sincere hopes that how ever it needs to work (I am no expert on the export/import issues) that Bond Arms and Wanstalls can get together and get us parts and more XR/Bullpup firearms.

Fingers crossed! In my experience wanstalls has great customer service, hopefully they can work something out for us valued customers.
    TJ

@ WanstallsOnline

any news from bond arms following the shotshow?

Expried Business Member
    We have spoken to Bond Arms and at this point they have no plans on releasing a Canadian legal version of the Bond Arms Bullpup pistol.

We do however have some spare Boberg parts available, feel free to email the website for parts inquiries.

Update

An Update on Boberg type Bond Arms Bullpups! I just got this in my e-mail today.

Wanstalls: you getting anything out of the left over stock from Boberg buy-out? Or would there even be stuff to get for the XR-9L or XR-9S with the Canadian barrel?

If not, maybe the Boberg fans of Canada want to see this info anyways.

Sorry about the format: I can't do much with a quote.

Hi Aniest (New UPDATE!)

Many of you have been patiently (or impatiently) waiting for the release of the Bond Arms BullPup...

To give you an update, we are within about 3-5 weeks of starting to ship the first BullPups. (maybe sooner)

BUT
    , before we do, we are going to offer you an opportunity to purchase one of the last of only 197 Boberg XR9S that will ever be made.

These Bobergs are what we received when we purchased the company, once these are gone there will never be another Boberg XR9S sold.

This is an extremely small number of guns with Boberg’s original serial numbers on them.
    (These will be collector items)

The only thing we added was Bond Arms Granbury, TX under the Boberg name on the frame (required by law since we now own them).

AND we replaced the barrel and unlock block with the BullPup’s coated barrel and unlock block. This was done to eliminate the black gooey anti-seize grease that Boberg used. This greatly enhances the performance of the gun.

We have several different colors of frames to choose from in limited numbers, so once a color is gone, it’s gone.
    (Red and Blue Frames are now sold out)

These will be collector items, so don’t miss out on this Special Offer.

Call 817-573-4445 and place your order now so you don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity….

or email us at customerservice@bondarms.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

One other bonus we would like to tell you about:

When the Bullpup launches we will only be selling 150 per month
    at $977 MSRP. (we are now taking orders)

If you are a current Bond Arms owner, or you purchase one of the
    "Last Of The Bobergs"

You will have the first opportunity to buy a Bond Bullpup.

We already have over 10,000++ people who are waiting for one.

Don’t Hesitate!! Once we let this news out about the Bullpup gun, we will be extremely backordered…

The Last of the Bobergswill be sold at the original Boberg price of: $1,300

Call 817-573-4445 and place your order now so you don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity….

or email us at customerservice@bondarms.com

Thanks,

Gordon Bond

President Bond Arms Inc.
    BondArms.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast