Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Double Rifle sale - 8 Bore

Quote Originally Posted by JustinF View Post
    But where do you find ammo to feed such a beast?!?
    You reload it! I have hunted Ellie, Buff and Hippo with my other 8 bore, all with reloaded ammo, using black powder and 1250 grain lead bullets at approx 1,400 fps.

Lol... that's about 1/6th of a pound!
    Awesome
    "You can get more done with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone." ~ Al Capone
    CSAAA ADFGA

Quote Originally Posted by RPgunguy View Post
    Lol... that's about 1/6th of a pound!
    Awesome
    An eight gauge comes from one lb of lead divided into 8 equal projectiles so in theory 2 oz, this is 875 grains which would be the lightest "bullet" ie a round ball, although you can get hollow base bullets a similar weight. Bullets tend to start around 1100 and go up to 1,600 grains, these are sure to bring a tear to the eye of any critter that gets hit!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    An eight gauge comes from one lb of lead divided into 8 equal projectiles so in theory 2 oz, this is 875 grains which would be the lightest "bullet" ie a round ball, although you can get hollow base bullets a similar weight. Bullets tend to start around 1100 and go up to 1,600 grains, these are sure to bring a tear to the eye of any critter that gets hit!
    What about the critter hunter launching 1600 grains !? Or is that something that would be carried by those protecting the hunter?
    And thanks for posting the pictures .Always nice to see another one of your collection. Before it becomes a down payment on a new collectible.
    Yes I know I need to get a spell csech
    I love this land, but my country has fallen.

STOPnTIME photos

Selling a double to fund a unimog 406...... you're a man after my own heart.

Is it a doka or regular cab? Ag axles or fast axles? Doubles and unimogs. Things I've wanted since I was a kid
    Charlie Daniels - What this world needs is a few more rednecks, Some people aint afraid to take a stand

Awesome looking rifle; hope it finds a good new home.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yodave's Avatar
    how are the barrels for regulation? what yardage were they factory set for? I prefer 20 yards on barrels that big but might settle for another regulated at 52 yards if I have to
    If you private message me and don't get a reply within 24 hours there is a good chance you've earned a spot on my ignore list

Friends don't let friends drive fords

Quote Originally Posted by yodave View Post
    how are the barrels for regulation? what yardage were they factory set for? I prefer 20 yards on barrels that big but might settle for another regulated at 52 yards if I have to
    I have no idea what the factory regulation was. There is such a variety of bullet weights and styles that one could set her up to shoot how you want. She is a difficult gun to shoot tight groups with, due to her size and weight, I have had both barrels print in just under two inches but 4 was more normal at 50 yds. If I remember correctly moving closer made very little change. I think the limiting factor was me. I never had enough spare time to explore her full potential with different bullets and loads.

That is a beautiful Gun. I've never seen one like that before! And thats what I love about firearms. There is so much variety and tons of interesting things!

SPF, thank you. Now I can afford my new toy, an ex MOD Unimog 406, at least next year if it snows I will have a big truck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12