Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mosin 1891/30s By the crate.

CGN Regular
    Since you do not have a clue of what you are talking about, your comment has been removed. Save your garbage theories for the National Enquirer.
    Last edited by Frontier Firearms; 01-01-2017 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    Even better, there was some for a retail of $99 4 or 5 years ago. Since then we gave watched every shipment creep of $10-$15 per rifle. This pace will not stop. Research prices on Enfield rifles, SVT-40s, and K31s. Whats worse if you go looking for either of these 3 rifles, you may only find 1 in 10% of the stores. If you want to buy and hang on for 2 years, there will be a huge return.

Those who want to buy, now is the time as they will not be getting cheaper. My math says $3850 divided by 20 = $192.50 or $187.50 by EMT, not over $200 each.
    x %5 gst, sorry I was including the governments take, In a related note, prices have gone up from $189 to $229 locally
    “Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them.” - Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by pringles613 View Post
    A large group of Russian soldiers in the border area in 1939 are moving down a road when they hear a voice call from behind a small hill: "One Finnish soldier is better than ten Russian".

The Russian commander quickly orders 10 of his best men over the hill where Upon a gun-battle breaks out and continues for a few minutes, then silence.

The voice once again calls out: "One Finn is better than one hundred Russian."
    Furious, the Russian commander sends his next best 100 troops over the hill and instantly a huge gun fight commences.

After 10 minutes of battle, again Silence.

The calm Finnish voice calls out again:
    "One Finn is better than one thousand Russians"

The enraged Russian commander musters
    1000 fighters and sends them to the other side
    of the hill. Rifle fire, machine guns, grenades,
    rockets and cannon fire ring out as a terrible
    battle is fought.... Then Silence.

Eventually one badly wounded Russian fighter crawls back over the hill and with his dying words tells his commander, "Don't send any more men......it's a trap. There's two of them."
    Bahahahaha. One of my favourite jokes but I use canadian vs yanke in the war of 1812. The above though actually holds water in light of the Winter War. Good one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fiddler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    Not trying to bash here but unless I missed something were these not going for under 200 last month for one rifle across the country?

Buying 20 for over 200 a piece, I'm just not seeing the value in that unless a person wants to hang on to it for 20 years

Usually the more you buy the cheaper it gets. Just saying

I picked up two complete crates about 4 years ago. It was a good deal because it was more or less 25% off the going retail price to buy it as a case lot. There is still a retailer here who has regular run of the mill 91/30s currently listed for 190 bucks. It would be cheaper to buy 20 rifles from him. I have no problem coming up with cash, but there is little incentive to bulk buy with this price.
    When all else fails, Bark like a dog !

CGN Regular
    ^ west rifle has 3 listed at 190 then one at 200 then they jump to 220. At least at the time of this posting

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    Even better, there was some for a retail of $99 4 or 5 years ago. Since then we gave watched every shipment creep of $10-$15 per rifle. This pace will not stop. Research prices on Enfield rifles, SVT-40s, and K31s. Whats worse if you go looking for either of these 3 rifles, you may only find 1 in 10% of the stores. If you want to buy and hang on for 2 years, there will be a huge return.

Those who want to buy, now is the time as they will not be getting cheaper. My math says $3850 divided by 20 = $192.50 or $187.50 by EMT, not over $200 each.
    Is there tax and shipping on top of that though?
    I guess you do get the crate out of the deal too, for what it's worth.
    Last edited by kawicrash; 12-31-2016 at 12:16 PM.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    The crates are sold out now for the next 2 shipments (10 crates). If you want an 1891/30, best to buy from who ever has them.

I have a relative in the states who keeps asking me about what a good deal on an AK47 is. He has been to busy looking for the best deal on a AK more so then he actually wants to buy a AK. Several years have past and the AKs have gone from $300, to $700, and he keeps asking, and looking because he wants it to be a deal.

Paying market value (or slightly more) today, will seem like a steal in a few months.
    Last edited by Frontier Firearms; 12-31-2016 at 08:54 PM.

CGN Regular
    a gun business saying buy from others?, have another drink lol

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    a gun business saying buy from others?, have another drink lol
    200 Rifles pre-sold in just a couple days. We have a hand full of single rifles left and then nothing for a while. Some people want to spend most of their time breaking down all the aspects and talk dollars and cents. Meanwhile the supply is drying up.

If you really want one of these rifle, BUY IT ASAP FROM WHO EVER HAS THEM, but buy them sooner, rather then later.

When new years eve 2017 comes around, we may have to post a link to this thread into all the Red Rifle threads that are asking "what happened to the price of 1891/30s?".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fiddler's Avatar
    While I wholeheartedly agree that one should buy the rifles while you can still get them, but offering a 20 lot at single item price (x20) is no incentive to buy and just reflects poorly on your business practices.

I have been buying rifles, but I turn away from deals like this. Its no loss to the buyer. I've got single rifles in transit that are cheaper landed than your bulk price.
    When all else fails, Bark like a dog !

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast