Thread: First range trip :)

First range trip :)

Hi Everyone,
    Tomorrow I will be heading to Silver dale's for the first time. Side note this will be my first time heading to a range and first time using my new gun (ISSC Mk22). Looking forward to hearing every tip you can give me and what to expect Saturday morning.  anything from range etiquette to first time shooter etiquette helps!
    Cheers!

CGN Regular
    The staff there are very friendly although some of the RSOs can be a bit prickly. Probably because they have to put up with some of the idiot yahoo's who tend to go there. Just read the range rules off of the website and apply them to the letter when you're there and you should be fine.

Dress warm and wear footwear that's good for snow and mud 'cos you're likely to encounter plenty while changing targets.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Commit to memory and do it!
    1. Treat all firearms as loaded unless proven otherwise.
    2. Do not put your finger on the trigger till you are ready to shoot.
    3. Know your target and what's behind it.
    4. Do not point your firearm at anything you don't intend to shoot.

Know the 4 rules and you'll have a great time!
    Oh yeah, sight picture is very important and remember to let the shot surprise you!

Post some targets and welcome to the club!
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

I love when new shooters/members come to our club. It's a great way to meet people, learn about what they have and teach them what you know. As for etiquette. Just follow the range rules and don't walk around thinking your some JTF2 in training. Keep your hands off your firearms when the range is safe and only aim at what your shooting at. Another nice little thing I always tell new guys is clean up your shells after your done. unless your range has staff that do it. Mine doesn't so I just do it to be fair to the next guy. Have fun

CGN Ultra frequent flyer weasel1's Avatar
    Don't forget your mags. Ask me how I know...
    "We're only immortal, for a limited time." -Rush

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    Don't forget your mags. Ask me how I know...
    you'r not the only one. I always bring my ar mags with me even if I don't bring my ar, so many people forget them...or bring just 1 and i feel bad seeing them reload every 2 minutes lol.

The best was, some guy had his sks ( not modded/original stock ) and went around asking for stripper clips cause he didnt have any to load his rifle.......died.