Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SKS for $600?

Quote Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
    To a gun collector its like finding a 57 Chevy. To anyone else, its just another old car.
    Zactly
    Planning on living forever. So far, so good!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    To all the ahole answers, grow up.
    But this is the firearms COMMUNITY, people are supposed to be aholes for no apparent reason. For a group that is bound together by a common interest, there sure are some pretty sour attitudes online, at the range and at gun counters across the country.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fiddler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    What so special about a 57 Chevy?
    I have one. Don't you?
    When all else fails, Bark like a dog !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    FYi and not to derail the thread.
    I'm not a collector and don't know the history but i THINK there were some Mosins at the CT Chilliwack location for around $800 along with the rest for $200ish. They all look like normal 91/30s to me, not snipers. The labelling was by hand and very bad hand writing at that.
    May be significant, like these '49 SKSs....??
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

BANNED
    I bought a 49 at Canadian Tire in Leduc, a couple years back for $179.00, I think it is a bigger POS worse than any other one that I have had over the years. I would not pay any more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by burnaby

To all the ahole answers, grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by squidxm View Post
    But this is the firearms COMMUNITY, people are supposed to be aholes for no apparent reason. For a group that is bound together by a common interest, there sure are some pretty sour attitudes online, at the range and at gun counters across the country.
    I'm surprised no one asked if the OP phoned before posting!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    FYi and not to derail the thread.
    I'm not a collector and don't know the history but i THINK there were some Mosins at the CT Chilliwack location for around $800 along with the rest for $200ish. They all look like normal 91/30s to me, not snipers. The labelling was by hand and very bad hand writing at that.
    May be significant, like these '49 SKSs....??
    I believe those were the K98s in the back row for $890? Although they were talking about getting some Mosin snipers in, so I could be completely wrong....
    CSSA CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly pete View Post
    I believe those were the K98s in the back row for $890? Although they were talking about getting some Mosin snipers in, so I could be completely wrong....
    There were K98s right next to the MNs but the labelling looked like it was over the MNs. Who knows? If anyone is interested, they could maybe call and check.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
    To a gun collector its like finding a 57 Chevy. To anyone else, its just another old car.

Even non-collectors will notice something strickingly unique about a 57 Chevy. A gun collector collecting SKSs is akin to a coin collector collecting Canadian pennies!
    Memberships: CSSA & OFAH

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."

"Best Government I know of is the .45-70 Government!"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fiddler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bandoleer View Post
    Even non-collectors will notice something strickingly unique about a 57 Chevy. A gun collector collecting SKSs is akin to a coin collector collecting Canadian pennies!

That is your opinion alone. And if you have not noticed, there is no more surplus rifles other than odds and ends of Russian vintage. Nobody cares if its not your thing.
    When all else fails, Bark like a dog !

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast