Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATT Newbie Question

ATT Newbie Question

I'm a little confused about the ATT. I understand when filling out the application I believe it specifically asks when and where you will be transporting your restricted firearm. What if I wake up one morning and decide to go to the range? Does the "common sense legislation" I hear about allow me to go at anytime or day to said range or any other range? I don't know if this has any bearing that I live in Ontario. Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Once you have your LTATT you can go to the range whenever you like. For now.

Thanks RSK! Lots for me to learn.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Robt6440 View Post
    I'm a little confused about the ATT. I understand when filling out the application I believe it specifically asks when and where you will be transporting your restricted firearm. What if I wake up one morning and decide to go to the range? Does the "common sense legislation" I hear about allow me to go at anytime or day to said range or any other range? I don't know if this has any bearing that I live in Ontario. Thanks ahead of time for your help.
    The ATT is,automatically attached to your liscense once you buy a restricted firearm. Is your club asking for an ATT?

I have yet to apply to a club. I'm doing the CFSC/CRFSC in a week at Buckeyes and hopefully be accepted at the Lower Trent club after that.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Robt6440 View Post
    I have yet to apply to a club. I'm doing the CFSC/CRFSC in a week at Buckeyes and hopefully be accepted at the Lower Trent club after that.
    Then you don't need an ATT. When you buy a restricted firearm they will send you a new liscense with your transport conditions. If you wish to transport outside of those conditions then you apply for a STATT
    Last edited by Xevious22; 01-04-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Thanks for the insight. Greatly appreciated

Do you need to reapply every year for an ATT or just need a club membership and your good to go?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Do you need to reapply every year for an ATT or just need a club membership and your good to go?
    Just membership.
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

Thanks StoneHorse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast