Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: M&p 2.0

The price we have to pay for the latest and greatest. I'm holding out for the range kits as I wanted a .40 M&P but learned of the 2.0 so I'm waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    600usd? Feels a bit steep unless this is really a step up from the original m&p... Although this probably means some old m&p might hit the EE for cheap. Maybe i need to start saving lol

Quote Originally Posted by NickVR View Post
    I think I need to hold and shoot a new one to see if it's worth it.. after reading everything Im just still not sure
    I'm not sure if the 2.0 has the same trigger as my Pro9 longslide (performance centre sear), but if it does then you will be pleased.
    Plus I like that the steel chassis has been extended into the dustcover, and the stippling all over the grip.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Hmmm. Barrel length 108 mm. Wonder if this was designed with Canada in mind?
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gwhysow's Avatar
    My understanding is that they all ship with the Pro trigger. Their shortcut against a fully re-engineered trigger. Full length frame rails as well. My only real question is whether or not they improved the barrel locking lugs, which I continue to see as a main failure point.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhysow View Post
    My understanding is that they all ship with the Pro trigger. Their shortcut against a fully re-engineered trigger. Full length frame rails as well. My only real question is whether or not they improved the barrel locking lugs, which I continue to see as a main failure point.
    Do you mean the "early unlocking" issue?
    I've read about this on the mp-pistol forum. My impression was that it was confined to a few 4.25" barrels in the past.
    Certainly no issue with my 5" barrel.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by kveldulf View Post
    hmmm. Barrel length 108 mm. Wonder if this was designed with canada in mind?
    lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhysow View Post
    Confirmed with S&W that the 2.0 does NOT use the Pro trigger. It's a different trigger than the Pro and has a more audible reset.

They confirmed Apex is already working on an aftermarket trigger for the 2.0.

Barrel design is also different so it will not work with any aftermarket barrels designed for the original M&P.
    Last edited by North_Sylva; 01-20-2017 at 09:19 PM.

any news on the eta? my dealer keeps looking everyday, i want an fde 5" as soon as possible!
    Proud Infidel CDNQRF

I decided to pickup an M&P 2.0 9mm today. I had the original (1.0??? lol) and that trigger was horrible. The trigger on this new model feels significantly better.

Select Shooting Supplies (great service, friendly people) still has one left at $699, just in case anyone's looking for one.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
    I decided to pickup an M&P 2.0 9mm today. I had the original (1.0??? lol) and that trigger was horrible. The trigger on this new model feels significantly better.

Select Shooting Supplies (great service, friendly people) still has one left at $699, just in case anyone's looking for one.
    Just checked... It's $859... What the Hell?!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast