Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chips on my new Norinco M305

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    Why did you post this without waiting to see how Frontier Firearms would handle it? Looks like you are just trying to create problems that are not there.
    The fellow we spoke to on the phone was very polite regarding this, and was just unsure and wanted to get out shooting asap. He in no way came across as wanting to start trouble.

BANNED
    To paraphrase OP: "found something questionable on my new purchase. I called the retailer who was very polite and professional. Waiting to see how they handle it."

Sounds like a real jerk looking to start trouble!

FF

Yeah... or the OP was curious if this was common in the firearm he purchased.
    The guy can ask whatever he wants. Its a Gun forum. He had a question regarding a gun.
    Even the retailer said he was asking a legitimate question and still you guys jump on the OP?
    take a breath fellas.

Maybe the OP was simply looking for some suggestions onto what he has in front of him. First time purchasing a M305, first time in dealing with this sponsor, perhaps he was counting on the forum members to give some insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Maybe the OP was simply looking for some suggestions onto what he has in front of him. First time purchasing a M305, first time in dealing with this sponsor, perhaps he was counting on the forum members to give some insight.
    ^^^^
    this

but the pitchforks came out quickly... as usual

I apologize if it appears like I am trying to start something because that was not my intention. I wanted to post this as soon as I could to try and let anyone who was thinking of buying one of these know that there might be some minor damage like I would have liked to be warned about. Frontier Firearms have been very friendly and helpful so far and we are still talking to see if anything can be done to help remedy this situation. I will post pictures shortly and thank you guys for being patient with me.Name:  IMG_4586.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  54.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4587.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  35.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CravingGlory View Post
    Why post anything until you see how they handle your situation? You just make them look bad in the meantime.
    CravingGlory... 2nd time I'm reading from you in 2 days on others' question about received weapon.
    Please follow MackForce comments, we might all have questions once in a while...That's the point of a forum !

OP didn't flamed seller and posted on his forum, not hiding and backstabbing them. Or maybe he should have post somewhere else to avoid such supression comments ?
    Thanks MackForce

Quote Originally Posted by MackForce View Post
    Yeah... or the OP was curious if this was common in the firearm he purchased.
    The guy can ask whatever he wants. Its a Gun forum. He had a question regarding a gun.
    Even the retailer said he was asking a legitimate question and still you guys jump on the OP?
    take a breath fellas.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    This is the color(s) of the plastic it is made of: the paint on top is chipping away.
    Attachment 80888

The Norinco is a knock-off copy of a solid platform. I believe the only reason the M305 survives at all when made as sh!tty as Norinco does them is the decent metal they use and the robust design. In all honesty, OP, you may also find indexing problems with the barrel (not in receiver at proper rotation) & flash hider (slots cut wrong), loose gas system, ####ty trigger and locking lugs misaligned... among other things that have come up with them. Usually not all of them at once (wait, wait for it: someone's bitter story will come).

Then why buy one from a great sponsor like Frontier? It gives you the ability to own a non-restricted .308 semi-auto at a reasonable price. You can tinker and gunsmith your way to an awesome rifle if you wish by doing a few simple modifications and changing one or two parts to USGI or Springfield M1A. I never felt bad about dropping, not cleaning or hunting is really nasty wet weather with my M305: brake cleaner, brushes, spray oil and a bit of high temp grease and good to shoot again.

Yes, I have been hunting almost every year with one for almost a decade: only two years have I shot my whitetail with something else since.

To digress further...
    Beyond that it never ceases to amaze me who vile and hateful CGN has gotten to jump on someone looking for help. Frontier Firearms is an awesome sponsor and it seems the OP is happy with their help on the matter. I see no problem in the OP respectfully asking if they did something wrong, if it is normal, if Frontier is actually handling it well (I believe they are) and so forth. Calm down: one day you might not be so happy to be on the receiving end of it.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Frontier was very fast at recitifing my issue with a chiped shotgun finnish. 10/10 customer service in my books.

I sent them pics of the damage and they took care of me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast