Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chips on my new Norinco M305

Chips on my new Norinco M305

So this is my first post on CGN so please forgive me if I'm doing things wrong.
    On to my problem, I just bought a new Norinco M305 from Frontier Firearms and when I got the gun I noticed that there are a lot of chips in the receiver many of which have even started to rust. I knew that Norinco firearms do not have the best quality control but from what I have read it was mostly relating to the plastic in the stock. It was not what I was expecting when I bought a new gun, I don't know if my gun some how got buy Frontier Firearms quality control but I have contacted them and they sounded very friendly and said they would take a look at what they could do for me. This is the first thing I have bought from Frontier Firearms and I'm looking forward to seeing how they react to this situation.

Pictures please

Why post anything until you see how they handle your situation? You just make them look bad in the meantime.
    Planning on living forever. So far, so good!

Quote Originally Posted by CravingGlory View Post
    Why post anything until you see how they handle your situation? You just make them look bad in the meantime.
    Seconded

Sounds like they're taking care of it. Why would you need to post anything?
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    To paraphrase Tactical Teacher, the bell might have run just as shop class was getting to cleaning up.

You're not buying a $1500 rifle ....
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

Give the gun a good cleaning and function test, I'm sure it's good to go, if not the retailer will look after you, I have heard very much negative from the majority of the retailers that are on this forum.
    On a sarcastic note, you should never post anything unless the other members of the forum approve it first. ####ing internet.
    On a serious note, I would like to see pictures to.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    As per our email to you.

The part of the firearm in the picture is the hand guard that runs along the top over the barrel. This part removes if you are switching the stock out, and is not part of the action or chamber. These hand guards are produced brown and then painted over black for the synthetic stock rifles. A bit of paint may have flaked off showing the brown surface underneath.

Why did you post this without waiting to see how Frontier Firearms would handle it? Looks like you are just trying to create problems that are not there.

If it's just the fiberglass handguard, it can't rust. Just head over to the Canadian Tire and pick up a paint bomb of Krylon and go to it. You're going to want to take hammers and assorted hardware to the rifle at some point (to peen the Op. Rod boss, remove the flash hider, etc.) so don't sweat it.
    “The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.” ― Plato

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast