Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TVPP has done another video.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    I am enjoying retirement Just bought a new place over the holidays and am barely moved in. have a 18 x 30 insulated and wired shop ready to fill with all my equipment and we'll see if i can stay retired LOL I won't be gunsmithing again, this i can promise. I've become a "less red tape the better" kinda guy these days :D
    Sounds good!
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rugbydave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    His ad was one of the only (to my knowledge) to ever be removed from the ee for having an unreasonable price

The justifications of his asking price were even more farcical
    Now I'm really curious! Care to share his justifications for attempting to get 7x the value?

Quote Originally Posted by rugbydave View Post
    Now I'm really curious! Care to share his justifications for attempting to get 7x the value?
    x2...that doesn't even register. Did doves bring it down from heaven??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    It was a package deal including accessories and optics that he considered unobtanium.... His words not mine.... Then after marking up all the components, he added like 25% to that for the collectible nature of the package.

He was chastised by pretty much everyone... And eventually the mods either pulled the ad or asked him to revise it.... It was clearly predatory pricing and hoping to find a greater fool

Some of the components weren't available on the cdn market as I recall... So maybe he thought that made them more valuable

This was years ago now... I wanna say at least 4 years ago
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    His ad was one of the only (to my knowledge) to ever be removed from the ee for having an unreasonable price
    The difference between a reasonable and unreasonable price is totally subjective. It is a free country and you can ask what you want when you sell your stuff. If it is too much then nobody will buy it. Let the market decide. There is a TRG42 package going for $14000 or $15000 that I see occasionally being bumped up on EE. When is that ad going to get taken down? If there is a $14000 or so limit then it should apply to all selling ads. Let's be fair. Ridiculous.

He's got some nice photos and videos but at the end of the day, I don't take his opinions any more seriously than any other random CGN member. He may have some industry contacts and connections for "scoops" so those are interesting to read, but he's still a hobbyist like most of us.

As for the 14k asking price for his Tavor package... Didn't see it, but if that really was the case and the value was inflated because of his "status" (self-perceived or otherwise), then it's definitely going to rub people the wrong way.

BANNED
    LOL wait... this Edward kid had his tavor up for HOW much? LOOOOOOOOL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    He's trying to make a living as a gun "journalist" in Canada....... even if he's not everyone's cup of tea there is no reason to dis the man for trying.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

He made a mistake in the video. And he over valued his Tavor.

Ohh the horror! give me a break... Aren't we always talking about how we need to stop the inner fighting among the gun community and focus on keeping the government at bay.

TVPP educates thousands of U.S gun owners on Canadian laws. That's a good thing.
    Last edited by bongoz; 01-11-2017 at 05:27 AM.

Expried Business Member
    Iirc that $14K Tavor included a $8000 usd night vision optic, a "normal" scope (which retails for $2000+) a whole host of bolt-on bits, and extra barrel assembly etc, in addition to a custom cerakote refinish, mag etc.

If my memory is correct, retail on that package was 16-17K. While it wasn't a "bargain", it wasn't a rip-off either.

John

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast