Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thureon Defense 9mm Carbine Non - Restricted $1499 Feedback requested

CGN frequent flyer
    Poor design. If it was donated to me, I'd sell it to someone who has poor taste.

Youza.

CGN frequent flyer
    AND the FX-9 looks a million times better, is NR, better apparent quality, and clocks in at $400 cheaper.

Youza.

Junk. Buy a Scorpion evo carbine. Send it to Dlask. Rebarrel and have it verified. A real sub gun.

Quote Originally Posted by longrangethumper View Post
    Junk. Buy a Scorpion evo carbine. Send it to Dlask. Rebarrel and have it verified. A real sub gun.
    if you like 5 round, hard to find mags, sure. Also you can buy scorpion evo's now in non-restricted (and they're quite affordable).

Western Metal:
    If you've brought them in and sold them at their current price before you probably still can again, it's a nice looking firearm.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    I owned one of these and really gave it a chance.
    I tried to like it and I did for the most part.

But it was plagued with reliability issues

Broken firing pins galore
    (Sent the bolt to the USA to get the pin hole enlarged for their new beefier firing pin)
    Finally stopped breaking them! I broke 3 and rifle was down for months each time.

There was ejection issues when using cheep Ammo aswell

Most accurate 45 acp carbine I ever shot though..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Match accuracy? Lmfao its a 9mm carbine, wtf does match accuracy even mean for a 9mm!? You printing 1moa groups at 100yds??

Id have serious difficulty spending this much when the Ruger carbine is almost half the price and the FX9 is $400 cheaper...
    I agree with what Suther is saying....1500.00 IMHO is WAY to much!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    AND the FX-9 looks a million times better, is NR, better apparent quality, and clocks in at $400 cheaper.

Youza.
    I'll be honest and say that I've never owned a PCC, but am hoping to change that in 2019. Until yesterday, the only one I was really interested (and felt I might be able to afford) is the FX-9, @ about $1,100. Yesterday, I handled one of the new Rugers ($849) and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. Solid-feeling, and nice iron sights. I've always thought that the Thureon and JRs were not exactly.."handsome" looking guns..to put it mildly. Of the two, I've shot a JR and it ran just fine...but no desire to own one. The FX-9 got the looks right, but for me...a Ruger might be able to happen sooner. The TD~I wouldn't pay $849 for one myself, let alone $1,500. I don't pretend to have the same sensibilities as anyone else though. lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    I owned one of these and really gave it a chance.
    I tried to like it and I did for the most part.

But it was plagued with reliability issues

Broken firing pins galore
    (Sent the bolt to the USA to get the pin hole enlarged for their new beefier firing pin)
    Finally stopped breaking them! I broke 3 and rifle was down for months each time.

That's unfortunate and if it were mine it would be enough to put me off from buy another one of their products. I however have about 1200 rounds through my TD 40 S&W with no issues, maybe I got lucky? Either way based on my experience I would buy another without even hesitating.

There was ejection issues when using cheep Ammo aswell

The same could be said for any firearm.

Most accurate 45 acp carbine I ever shot though..

I agree about the accuracy. I can consistently get a little + or - 2" at 100 yards with good ammo like Hornady Critical Defense
    ^^^ See reply in bold
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

It's too bad that people don't know about these as much as Just right carbines. I personally think these outclass most if not all 9mm carbines. I had one of these and put at least 1000 rounds through it without a hitch. At one point I had it so dirty I thought it would jam for sure but no, it just kept on plinking. It was seriously an amazing little rifle. The team at Thureon Defense are great as well, spoke with them a couple times via email about spare parts if needed and rails for the hand gaurd.
    That being said I paid $1000 on the EE and sold it for around the same after some upgrades. I don't know if it's worth the $1700 after taxes. Drop the price by a few hundred and it should sell.

There's a lot of 9mm carbines out there that's a lot more affordable. Thureon Defence also looks much uglier.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast