Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Newer Type 97 NSR-G2

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Many a tweaker with a file BUBBA their firearm; I would likely be among them with a file in hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvy View Post
    I love my T97 but I don't disagree with this. It can be very reliable and take any mag you have but may require some tweaking to get it there. It's not difficult and won't need anything more complicated than a hand file, but you have to know to do it.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Factory mag on my 1st gen worked great, the XCR mag would FTL with bullet jammed into cartridge with powder everywhere on extract. With newbie shooting only a matter of time before a jammed bullet cartridge would chamber and trigger pulled. Good thing the T97 has a strong receiver based on bad reloads (recall pics of reloads with mixed in pistols pwdr that went kaboom).

Don't trust my T97 on a mag dump; def. wouldn't let a newbie mag dump, only slow deliberate fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    This will be a welcomed upgrade, I never had any real feeding issues with mine, but if it's that common it would be nice to see it fixed. I sold my FTU/LHG modded T97 a while back, but this looks great stock, hopefully it will handle as nice.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Mine likes sometimes to jam every 60 rounds or so, depending on the magazine. Then again, it also sometimes fires all day with no issues... Interesting rifle. I'm getting an X95, so I'll be interested to take them both out and feel the difference between a $1000 Eastern made rifle and a $3000 Western made rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    My T97 works perfect. Its one of the new ones tho. I have the can am rail and TRS red dot.

I still flinch sometimes shooting it after hearing horror stories but its never failed me. I also took the advise to only use GI mags and bought 12.

Even steel cases stuff works good and it can run light grain bullets even with the 1:7 twist.

Everyone I let use it has been impressed knowing its a norc, I had some bad norcs in the past so I was skeptical at first but had to try it out for myself. IF my CZ could hold decent 3 inch groups I would use it more but the T97 has replaced it as my main shooter.

Super GunNutz
    Ryan? Helloooo Ryan?

When they are here we will sell them.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    When they are here we will sell them.
    Well, I guess that's something.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678