Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: ESS Chassis

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Will the ESS folder retrofit to existing ESS chassis' or will it be a new chassis/buttstock?
    It is integrated into the buttstock, so that it does not increase the length of pull. So you would need to get a new buttstock for the existing chassis.
    Modular Driven Technologies Corp (MDT)
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MDTTAC21
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MDTTac

Any idea on a timeline for a version specifically inletted for the UP deadline?
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

Quote Originally Posted by vultr View Post
    Any idea on a timeline for a version specifically inletted for the UP deadline?
    We don't have a confirmed timeline right now but should have something in the Spring.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Any chance you guys would start inletting for the RAR-P in LH? Pretty please!?! They are going to be getting more common up here.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBoyLefty View Post
    Any chance you guys would start inletting for the RAR-P in LH? Pretty please!?! They are going to be getting more common up here.
    It is on the radar and we are talking about it, hopefully we will have something by the summer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MDT Ryan View Post
    It is on the radar and we are talking about it, hopefully we will have something by the summer.
    Excellent. I'll watch for it. Appreciate your time. ��

GunNutz

Hello Ryan,

Just a question regarding scope mounting and choosing rings.

So, the distance between the yellow lines remains the same regardless of the length of fore-end you choose (12", 15" or 18")?
    If so, what is that dimension?
    In looking at the lower photo of the Nightforce SHV mounted on the rifle, there would not be any room for a sunshade, unless you mounted taller rings?

The scope I am planning on installing is a 335mm (13.2 inches) in length, 34mm tube and 50mm objective. What height rings do you recommend?

Any update on ETA for the folding buttstock for ESS?
    WTB full semiautomatic assault rifles, double barrel extended magazine clips, 30 magazine clips (half second or better), shoulder things that go up and high power ammo that can go through walls.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMo View Post

Hello Ryan,

Just a question regarding scope mounting and choosing rings.

So, the distance between the yellow lines remains the same regardless of the length of fore-end you choose (12", 15" or 18")?
    If so, what is that dimension?
    In looking at the lower photo of the Nightforce SHV mounted on the rifle, there would not be any room for a sunshade, unless you mounted taller rings?

The scope I am planning on installing is a 335mm (13.2 inches) in length, 34mm tube and 50mm objective. What height rings do you recommend?
    The 12" forend will give you about 6" of exposed barrel, the 15" and 18" forends are the same which is about 8 3/8" of exposed barrel (measured from the recoil lug).
    I had been running a Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30x50 with 30mm tube and it fit with the 18" forend with the sunshade. I switched out to a Burris XTRII 5-25x50 with 34mm tube and wasn't able to run the sunshade comfortably. I could have made it work but I wanted to run the scope caps so went without sunshade.
    So the question would be how far does your scope stick out from the recoil lug? If it fits into those dimensions, get it as low as you can to the barrel. If it's longer, you'll want to get higher up and clear that forend. If you wanted to get higher you can also use the ESS high scope base to help raise you up too.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Any update on ETA for the folding buttstock for ESS?
    We are looking at late March to early April to have them shipping.