ESS Chassis

TFunfer

CGN frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
8541 Tactical posted an unboxing video of the new Chassis. Looks really good! This is going to be a great addition to my Savage in 300 WSM :)

https://youtu.be/Q8iH8bYRUw4

I've been pretty outspoken about the other chassis' shortcomings, but I must say you've addressed those shortcomings very nicely here with the Ess. Nicely done, and good job on responding to the market !

Hi MDT, i am ready to order
I may not be looking at the right place but am not finding required information
As i see your handguard has a recess on top to accomodate scope without having to use extra high rings.
In lets say an 18" handguard, is this recess pushed more forward to accomodate use of a sunshade?
Thanks

tagged
question though, is a CTR long or short action? in .308
cuz i thought all tikka were long action... but when i went to order the chassis, my bubble got burst

Last edited:
Just called and was very politely answered to and my questions we're answered.
fyi, most scopes won't fit full sunshade if using low to medium rings

tagged
question though, is a CTR long or short action? in .308
cuz i thought all tikka were long action... but when i went to order the chassis, my bubble got burst

Tikka T3 rifles all use the same receiver, but short action (223,308 etc) chamberings will require short action (3.050" AICS) magazines, and long action (30-06, 300WM etc) will use the long action (Tikka specific 3.560" AICS pattern) magazines.

So when ordering a chassis, you still need to specify length according to your rifles chambering.

Tikka T3 rifles all use the same receiver, but short action (223,308 etc) chamberings will require short action (3.050" AICS) magazines, and long action (30-06, 300WM etc) will use the long action (Tikka specific 3.560" AICS pattern) magazines.

So when ordering a chassis, you still need to specify length according to your rifles chambering.

thank you

This is awesome I really like the looks and upgrades! I was for a minute thinking of selling my lss-xl with skeleton lite until I realise that my setup weighs about 3 lbs and that this with a short tube is about 4.2. I realize that the majority of the weight diffrence is in thumb knob to adjust the stock, So I was wondering if you are concidering a skeleton lite-ish stock for this?

But I want to had that this stock looks AWSOME! Also in the pictures on you site it looks dark blue am I seeing wright , cause I looks awsome in that dark blue.
mdt_ess_6_of_6__1.jpg

I'm curious about the grade of aluminum they're using. I read somewhere last night (CGN?) that some people had rails or parts pull out of the aluminum and some bending issues on their other MDT chassis models. Of course MDT chimed in right away and offered warranty, however I'm still curious about it. This ESS looks good. Possibly might consider this over the KRG X-Ray in the future.

Are there any reliable options for 10 round magazines that can be loaded to longer than standard length (let's say up to 2.880")?

I would buy AI mags, but supposedly their 10 rounders are finicky with the ESS? Or no? For a Tikka T3 if it makes a difference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom