Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SKS Magazine Block - Chop off your duckbills!

Very interesting indeed...I'll have to bookmark this for future paychecks.
    I am a kit hor(der)

Alright, I got out my fisher price tools and attempted to mod the bolt. I was able to double nut the bolt and put it into my dress press without (surprisingly) damaging the threads. Spin it up and use a couple of files to grind away the metal. I had to take off a fair bit of materiel so the bevelled edge of the underside of the bolt would make contact with the riffle. I'm pretty happy with the end result. There is still a little gap at the front where the mag would latch onto the block and the riffle. There is way less flex when I try to move the block with my finger. The only other way to change the design to make this block work a little better with my 1951 Tula, might be to have to hole in the block drilled and tapped.... I little higher up???

First picture is what I started with:

Then after shaving the bolt head down:

Final result:

"Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    "Our design is the only one which installs quickly without permanent modification to the rifle" are you guys associated with another Canadian company that has been making this same item for awhile now, & just a re-branding? Or is it that theirs is a Permanent Mod to the rifle, & are two different items? {didnt think it was} Thnx

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyy View Post
    "Our design is the only one which installs quickly without permanent modification to the rifle" are you guys associated with another Canadian company that has been making this same item for awhile now, & just a re-branding? Or is it that theirs is a Permanent Mod to the rifle, & are two different items? {didnt think it was} Thnx
    The other brand is not a permanent mod either. I have had that one for over a year and it works great. Just like Im sure this one does.

And by other Canadian company you mean seven six two systems?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Ya, I just did a Bolt mod & a 18.6 chop..on a cheapie Ruskie...one of these is next. I was wondering, as per in the way they worded it, that they are the ONLY ones etc. sounds like they don't know about 7-6-2, so thought maybe was the same thing/one, maybe they just buy wholesale off them or something.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Ya, I just did a Bolt mod & a 18.6 chop..on a cheapie Ruskie...one of these is next. I was wondering, as per in the way they worded it, that they are the ONLY ones etc. sounds like they don't know about 7-6-2, so thought maybe was the same thing/one, maybe they just buy wholesale off them or something.
    Nope ours are different. Ours is held in by a bolt and not a set screw. Also ours should fit in most wood stocks with no or minimal fitting and allow you to use the recoil lug which you can't with other designs.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    I have a 52 and 54 Tula and I was thinking of using this on one, I have Baur magazines and Im interested but wary of chopping my magazines, does this hold well?
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

Quote Originally Posted by jmichelin84 View Post
    I have a 52 and 54 Tula and I was thinking of using this on one, I have Baur magazines and Im interested but wary of chopping my magazines, does this hold well?
    It holds quite well. The plastic nub on your magazines after cut is actually bigger than the original.

Here's a review by The Hunting Gear Guy.

You can get the block on it's own or with our Magazine Modernization Kit which includes our push lever magazine release which allows you to reload way quicker.

btt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast