Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SKS Magazine Block - Chop off your duckbills!

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar

Cool SKS Magazine Block - Chop off your duckbills!

The SKS Magazine Block allows SKS owners to use aftermarket polymer magazines with the cumbersome duckbill removed. Our design is the only one which installs quickly without permanent modification to the rifle, as well as functioning with the original wood stock or popular aftermarket stocks.

• Allows you to remove the duckbills from Tapco magazines
    • Makes magazine changes easier and more fluid
    • Easy to install
    • No permanent modification to rifle required
    • Works with factory wood stock and after market stocks
    • Made from 6061-T6 Aluminium
    • Hard black anodized
    • Does not work with AK-47 magazines

Only: $49.99
    ---> Click Here To Order From SpectreBallistics.com <---

Last edited by SpectreBallistics; 07-19-2021 at 09:53 AM.

What kind of durability does the reduced nub of polymer have after repeated and prolonged use?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    What kind of durability does the reduced nub of polymer have after repeated and prolonged use?
    No issues. The engagement surface between the mag and block is larger than the original.

Hi guys. I received my mag latch and mag block from you guys. The mag release is amazing. Bar far the best upgrade to my SKS. I am however having an issue with the mag block. I have a 1951 Tula Arsenal all matching serial numbers SKS and when I attach the mag block, the end that the mag would hook onto lifts off the receiver. I initially tightened the bolt hand tight, then tried torquing it down a little harder. With the bolt tight, I can still move the latch end of the block towards and away from the receiver. Is this normal/common? I not going to cut off my duck bills just yet.

"Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge_DL View Post
    Hi guys. I received my mag latch and mag block from you guys. The mag release is amazing. Bar far the best upgrade to my SKS. I am however having an issue with the mag block. I have a 1951 Tula Arsenal all matching serial numbers SKS and when I attach the mag block, the end that the mag would hook onto lifts off the receiver. I initially tightened the bolt hand tight, then tried torquing it down a little harder. With the bolt tight, I can still move the latch end of the block towards and away from the receiver. Is this normal/common? I not going to cut off my duck bills just yet.
    Nope that's not normal or common. With it tightened down you shouldn't be able to easily lift it off, but you can pull it up a bit. It should spring back and there should be no gap. I wonder if the lug on your barrel is a different size. I've heard of some early SKS rifles being made to a slightly different spec. Nothing looks bent or out of place in your picture. How is your lock down bolt? Its it straight? If everything is locked down tight and is not moving that gap shouldn't be an issue.

Here's a pic of the block on my 1953 Tula

Hi guys. I received my mag latch and mag block from you guys. The mag release is amazing. Bar far the best upgrade to my SKS. I am however having an issue with the mag block. I have a 1951 Tula Arsenal all matching serial numbers SKS and when I attach the mag block, the end that the mag would hook onto lifts off the receiver. I initially tightened the bolt hand tight, then tried torquing it down a little harder. With the bolt tight, I can still move the latch end of the block towards and away from the receiver. Is this normal/common? I not going to cut off my duck bills just yet

My 51 was the same with another companies mag block.put it on my Chinese and it was perfect.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    My 51 was the same with another companies mag block.put it on my Chinese and it was perfect.
    There you have it. 51's are just a special snow flake...

I have it figured out. I need the bevel on the under side of the bolt head to make contact with the riffle. Right now the flat part is making contact and that's causing the block to lift. I need to get the bolt in a lathe or drill press, spin it up (without damaging the threads) and use a file to change the angle of bevel on the bolt so it makes contact with the riffle:

"Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean

I have it figured out. I need the bevel on the under side of the bolt head to make contact with the riffle. Right now the flat part is making contact and that's causing the block to lift. I need to get the bolt in a lathe or drill press, spin it up (without damaging the threads) and use a file to change the angle of bevel on the bolt so it makes contact with the riffle:

Yeah that could work. If you screw up your bolt or anything let us know. I can send you a few spares.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    There you have it. 51's are just a special snow flake...
    So probably over 1 000 000 special snow flakes....
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast