Thread: VZ 61 jig eta?

VZ 61 jig eta?

Any idea when the jig for the CZ scorpion is going to be ready?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    They don't read this forum

A jig won't really help. You have to do an undercut with a woodruff cutter and that requires a milling machine. Milling machines eat jigs in a way that a dremel won't.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Uh Ya! They have stated in another thread that they are working on a jig for finishing their aluminum lowers. And yes they did address the cutter issue stating that these jigs will be more complex than a AR jig and would need a milling machine (mandatory) for use because of the need for the woodruff cutter, nobody even mentioned the word "dremel".

CGN Regular
    If you need to use a woodruff cutter or a key seat cutter just put it in a regular drill press and use a cross slide vise to make the cut, thats how people were doing their rails on 1911 80%

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by freekshow001 View Post
    If you need to use a woodruff cutter or a key seat cutter just put it in a regular drill press and use a cross slide vise to make the cut, thats how people were doing their rails on 1911 80%
    That won't work as you can't get access to the underside in the spot that you need to I don't think. Works on rails but not an enclosed are like this. I'm not a machinist thought.

I don't think those cuts are necessary to function though as the 3D printed receivers omit them.