Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Original Russian SKS Magazines

Original Russian SKS Magazines

Just wondering how these magazines on your site are pinned: http://frontierfirearms.ca/russian-sks-floorplate-surplus-actual-mags-may-vary-in-appearance/

It looks like they're pinned through the follower but the add says that the actual mags may vary in appearance. Are they in fact pinned through the follower or the bottom of the magazine housing and what kind of condition are they in? Ideally, I'd like to pick at least 2 of them up but i just want to make sure they're what i'm looking for before i go ahead with the purchase or not. Thanks for your time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    $15 is a good price

Also interested

The pin facing down in picture that points towards the bottom of the magazine compartment bottoms out not allowing any more than 5 in.

So your 5 rounds legal. it's just a different style of pinning compared to a box mag ,but it accomplishes the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
    Just wondering how these magazines on your site are pinned: http://frontierfirearms.ca/russian-s...in-appearance/

It looks like they're pinned through the follower but the add says that the actual mags may vary in appearance. Are they in fact pinned through the follower or the bottom of the magazine housing and what kind of condition are they in? Ideally, I'd like to pick at least 2 of them up but i just want to make sure they're what i'm looking for before i go ahead with the purchase or not. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Sinbad; 01-12-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    The pin facing down in picture that points towards the bottom of the magazine compartment bottoms out, then no more will go in.

So your 5 rounds legal. it's just a different style of pinning compared to a box mag ,but it accomplishes the same thing
    Thanks Sinbad. I've had an SKS with this style of magazine before (and stupidly sold it) so i have a pretty good understanding of the mechanics of it. My problem is that, I also have 2 SKS's that are pinned through the bottom of the magazine well. What i'm looking to find out is if indeed the ones they are selling right now are like the ones in the picture (pinned through the follower) and not like the one's i have now (pinned through the bottom of the mag) because the add says "Actual mags may vary in appearance." I just want to make sure that they are pinned through the follower before i place an order and end up getting something totally different than what i thought i was ordering.

I'd call frontier because your right there is several ways to pin these. The one in the picture is the one I'd prefer

i purchased one from them for $15.
    there is a large pop rivet and plug on the bottom of mag near the serial number.the s/n is not obscured as the old "franken-pinned" ones were.
    it is not riveted to the follower.
    the mag looks new and is blued not BBQ painted.
    member : CCFR CPC

Quote Originally Posted by toyboy View Post
    i purchased one from them for $15.
    there is a large pop rivet and plug on the bottom of mag near the serial number.the s/n is not obscured as the old "franken-pinned" ones were.
    it is not riveted to the follower.
    the mag looks new and is blued not BBQ painted.
    Can you post a pic please?

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    We have several different types.

here ya go:

member : CCFR CPC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast