Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Container from UK at 1/2 price

Container from UK at 1/2 price

I am shipping a 16 ft Unimog in a 40 ft container from the UK to Virden, MB in March. Would anyone like to share the shipping cost as there is plenty of room for a second vehicle. we are centrally located in Canada.

Does it land in Halifax or Montreal, pass customs, and then continue by truck/train? If yes, then is it possible to access it once it lands for the east-coast folks?
    Target shooters & hunters ≠ Gangsters & mass murderers | Prostitutes ≠ Pimps and human traffickers | Drug users ≠ Methlab operators & narcotraffickers | Homosexuals ≠ Abomination before nature | Abortion ≠ Murder
    We are all seeking personal freedom.

Bring 2 x Unimog ?

CGN Regular
    Thats pretty sweet

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    John, I put the body of your message on the Maple Leaf Up forum. Maybe someone has something in the works and needs transportation.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

Quote Originally Posted by oenone View Post
    Does it land in Halifax or Montreal, pass customs, and then continue by truck/train? If yes, then is it possible to access it once it lands for the east-coast folks?
    I don,t see why not, not sure on port yet, we just have to be well organized a head of time with the right paper work and maybe send the shipping girl in the office some flowers or chocolates first. so she looks after us.

Did you have something in mind because we also have to coordinate the loading, my Unimog is at my brothers farm in Norfolk, UK.

Quote Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
    John, I put the body of your message on the Maple Leaf Up forum. Maybe someone has something in the works and needs transportation.
    Thanks, that is a good idea, I hate to pay for a half empty container.

I can't as I'm Australia at the moment, but John have you looked into getting another euro milsurp vehicle? The German LKW Wolf (G-Wagen) is a pretty neat vehicle and go pretty cheap. Don't let the container go empty!
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

Quote Originally Posted by winnipegger View Post
    I can't as I'm Australia at the moment, but John have you looked into getting another euro milsurp vehicle? The German LKW Wolf (G-Wagen) is a pretty neat vehicle and go pretty cheap. Don't let the container go empty!
    My toy fund is pretty tapped out right now as I am looking at some light armour from another country.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    My toy fund is pretty tapped out right now as I am looking at some light armour from another country.
    Why not in a 20ft can? And if it lands in Quebec city, Montreal, New York, Jersey, or Boston check J and F trucking Ajax Ontario as they haul loaded or empty cans for backhauls out of these ports to get units home with something. They would then arrange movement from GTA to you once they have it---Dieseldog!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast