Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can I store a restricted somewhere other than my residence?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trimmer 905's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    That's like your wife telling you that you can drink all you want, but don't swallow. My recommendation? Store your wife at an alternate location.
    ROFLMAO! Good one. I've threatened that more than once,too,only I wasn't kiddin'.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Perhaps you should give up the firearms. Given our crazy storage laws if it is stolen outside of your residence expect to be in C-68 hell that might need your six figure salary, combined, to resolve. With wording like NOT EASILY BROKEN INTO our storage law is insane.

I would advice to let her know that it is firearms (particularly restricted) at home or you give up shooting solely for her; let her decide if the sacrifice is worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJTree View Post
    If its her or the guns I choose her - every time...
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Do you have an attached garage or workshop? If yes, might she be ok with a very solid safe out there? Food for thought.

CGN Regular
    how do you have 0 posts op?! i see 5 posts here alone.

my wife was like that at first. she actually teared up.
    i never gave up and she eventually caved.
    now she couldn't care less...totally cool wth it.
    just keep at it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer weasel1's Avatar
    And if any of that was directed at me, you need to learn to read.

Yes I'm married. Thirteen years and two kids.
    I post just about daily. Check in my profile, it's helpful...
    Pal and rpal for a few years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    Your not married are you?
    First post in three years and it a doozy.
    Did you take your PAL yet?
    Rob
    "We're only immortal, for a limited time." -Rush

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Another idea, if you trust your buddy, is to give him the $ to buy the restricted and let him keep it at his place, in his name.
    When you go shooting with him, take it and have fun.

It limits your ability to go, because you always have to go with him. But hey, it's worth a try and if you find you don't go much or if your buddy is always busy or whatever then either ask him to sell it for you or have another discussion with your wife and if she can live with it, transfer it to your name.

My father had a very large collection of both restricted and non restricted. When he sold his house of fifty years neither he or myself were comfortable with him moving six large vaults in to a high rise apartment building. Simply called the RCMP..explained situation and was told that YES...ALL restricted would and could be stored at my home. It stayed that way until he passed away two years ago....

Quote Originally Posted by wolf19534 View Post
    My father had a very large collection of both restricted and non restricted. When he sold his house of fifty years neither he or myself were comfortable with him moving six large vaults in to a high rise apartment building. Simply called the RCMP..explained situation and was told that YES...ALL restricted would and could be stored at my home. It stayed that way until he passed away two years ago....
    Sorry about your dad.
    Did you have a RPAL at the time or was he the only one who could open the safes?
    I drive past my fathers on the way to the range I am looking. He is fine with me storing there. May be an option.
    Thanks again to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by AJTree View Post
    Sorry about your dad.
    Did you have a RPAL at the time or was he the only one who could open the safes?
    I drive past my fathers on the way to the range I am looking. He is fine with me storing there. May be an option.
    Thanks again to everyone.
    Your custodian must have a rpal. I tried to store my restricteds at my grandparents house, was a no go, had them stored at a rpal holders house and they approved it in hours.
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

How does the OP's post count stay at zero?
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast