Can I store a restricted somewhere other than my residence?

Perhaps you should give up the firearms. Given our crazy storage laws if it is stolen outside of your residence expect to be in C-68 hell that might need your six figure salary, combined, to resolve. With wording like NOT EASILY BROKEN INTO our storage law is insane.

I would advice to let her know that it is firearms (particularly restricted) at home or you give up shooting solely for her; let her decide if the sacrifice is worth it.
If its her or the guns I choose her - every time...

how do you have 0 posts op?! i see 5 posts here alone.

my wife was like that at first. she actually teared up.
i never gave up and she eventually caved.
now she couldn't care less...totally cool wth it.
just keep at it.

And if any of that was directed at me, you need to learn to read.

Yes I'm married. Thirteen years and two kids.
I post just about daily. Check in my profile, it's helpful...
Pal and rpal for a few years now.
Your not married are you?
First post in three years and it a doozy.
Did you take your PAL yet?
Rob

Another idea, if you trust your buddy, is to give him the $ to buy the restricted and let him keep it at his place, in his name.
When you go shooting with him, take it and have fun.

It limits your ability to go, because you always have to go with him. But hey, it's worth a try and if you find you don't go much or if your buddy is always busy or whatever then either ask him to sell it for you or have another discussion with your wife and if she can live with it, transfer it to your name.

My father had a very large collection of both restricted and non restricted. When he sold his house of fifty years neither he or myself were comfortable with him moving six large vaults in to a high rise apartment building. Simply called the RCMP..explained situation and was told that YES...ALL restricted would and could be stored at my home. It stayed that way until he passed away two years ago....

My father had a very large collection of both restricted and non restricted. When he sold his house of fifty years neither he or myself were comfortable with him moving six large vaults in to a high rise apartment building. Simply called the RCMP..explained situation and was told that YES...ALL restricted would and could be stored at my home. It stayed that way until he passed away two years ago....

Sorry about your dad.
Did you have a RPAL at the time or was he the only one who could open the safes?
I drive past my fathers on the way to the range I am looking. He is fine with me storing there. May be an option.
Thanks again to everyone.

Sorry about your dad.
Did you have a RPAL at the time or was he the only one who could open the safes?
I drive past my fathers on the way to the range I am looking. He is fine with me storing there. May be an option.
Thanks again to everyone.

Your custodian must have a rpal. I tried to store my restricteds at my grandparents house, was a no go, had them stored at a rpal holders house and they approved it in hours.

My trainer didn't have the answer either but I knew I would find my answer here.
Many thanks to everyone.

Call the CFO and get it from the arses mouth uh I mean horses mouth, that's what you need to do in all reality. If they say yes then your wife will have a big sigh of relief, if they say no then you will have to have a big conversation about it.

Tell her you'll need to put the safe in a real secure spot the kids won't have access to, her walkin closet would work well lol.

Back
Top Bottom