Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sale on Hirtenberger 7.62x51 (308 Win) Surplus ammo, Early 80's Boxer Primed!!!

CGN Regular
    The original suppliers price was $575 per 720.

But yes, dropping 1k on a case of ammo hurts.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    .73 a round here in B.C. This is the best you will find. Clean and consistant

Good ammo but not range safe at some indoor ranges due to the bi-metal jacket.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    It's my favorite ammo in many 308, very accurate in my AR-10 and it will print an easy 1.25 MOA with my Scout Steyr of the bags, i did stack it high when they were first available, all of mine are Hirt 74 Berdan prime... JP.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack_Kerouac View Post
    Could anyone provide any dope on how well Hirt ammo works in bolt action rifles? Having trouble locating anything of use with the search function.
    Thats what I shoot out of my Cadex with no problems.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack_Kerouac View Post
    Could anyone provide any dope on how well Hirt ammo works in bolt action rifles? Having trouble locating anything of use with the search function.
    I shoot this, plus reloads, out of a Ruger Precision Rifle. It is very fast, but good ammo. Everything I have shot thus far has been the Berdan primed stuff. If memory serves me right, around 2700FPS. It is good for hitting a 2 MOA going out to 500m. To hit a smaller gong, I found it a bit "hit or miss". That said, excellent ammo, just not full blown match quality.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Monty457 View Post
    Excuse me for nit-picking, or possibly not knowing how to properly identify the two types of brass and the packaging they came in,
    but I bought some of this previously and was under the impression that the crates with the 3 X 240 rd cardboard battle packs (with the orange/red stripe) were the Berdan primed ones, and that the more recent stuff offered a while ago, which came in twin 360 rd battle packs, each sealed in green rubber inside the wood crate, was the Boxer primed stuff.
    Is this a batch where the packaging has changed for the Boxer primed stuff? Or is there no rhyme or reason as to how the 2 types are packaged? Just curious.
    My understanding of owning both, and someone will probably correct me, is the cases with 3 X 240rnd in them are 1970's production, and therefore, Berdan primed. The 1980's production, where they changed to two 360rnd battle packs (in a polymer/rubber sealed bag) are boxer primed. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by aacollectible View Post
    2 x 720rd Crates of Hirtenberger 7.62x51FMJ(.308 Win) Surplus Ammunition. Austrian Military. Early 1980's production, brass cased, boxer primed, non-corrosive. Packed 20rds per box, 240rds per battle pack, 720rds per case. Get FREE SHIPPING (a few exceptions may apply) $995/1440rds and FREE SHIPPING !!!

https://www.tradeexcanada.com/conten...-free-shipping
    Quote Originally Posted by B.C.Jay View Post
    The original suppliers price was $575 per 720.

But yes, dropping 1k on a case of ammo hurts.
    $1000 for two cases
    99500 pennies / 1440 rounds = 69.1 cents per round (pre-tax of course)
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

CGN Regular
    Pretty good price

CGN Regular
    Ok, in the 308 world it's 2 cases.

In the 7.62x39 world, 720 is only half a case.
    If you buy brass, powder, primers, bullets and load your own.... this is still a really good buy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by B.C.Jay View Post
    Ok, in the 308 world it's 2 cases.

In the 7.62x39 world, 720 is only half a case.
    If you buy brass, powder, primers, bullets and load your own.... this is still a really good buy.
    Yes, nice brass, once it blows its load, it's great REloading brass!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast