Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017 Shot show: Shooting the Tikka Arctic Range Rifle at 525 yards with open sight.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by wayupnorth View Post
    hows it compare to the Ruger Scout?

i ask because i have a Ruger Scouts and ill be getting one of the Ranger guns next year (so they tell us) just wondered how they compare, cause they sure look the same!
    I love my GSR but Tikka did a better job of sight arrangement here and I would also prefer the GSR to have 20" barrel (regardless of Coopers arbitrary criteria). I think 20" is perfect for a .308Win

I bought one for deer hunting last fall. I love it.

Best rifle I ever bought. $2800 and worth every cent.

Two bucks downs. I like the light trigger.

I purchased a civilian Tikka arctic rifle earlier this month and I'm anxious to get out and shoot her. My question is, what bullet grain weight and MV are the iron sights calibrated for? I've loaded up some Hornady 165 gn SST and some Hornady 150 gn FMJ for testing. I'm hoping that the trajectories of either of these two loads will approximate the load that the iron sights are calibrated for.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by armoredtrooper View Post
    I purchased a civilian Tikka arctic rifle earlier this month and I'm anxious to get out and shoot her. My question is, what bullet grain weight and MV are the iron sights calibrated for? I've loaded up some Hornady 165 gn SST and some Hornady 150 gn FMJ for testing. I'm hoping that the trajectories of either of these two loads will approximate the load that the iron sights are calibrated for.
    180gr ...25 min mark https://youtu.be/VQoto62WycU?si=wsKjryFuvZ1M_Y9Q

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123