Thread: 2017 Shot show: News from Savage, Stevens

Snow-White Le Mod

2017 Shot show: News from Savage, Stevens

Not a whole lot of significant features from Savage, but here are a few new additions to their product catalogue .

I first took a look at their two over-unders which caught my eye. I have always been a fan of nice walnut, these two showed potential. Suurprise surprise, Turkish-made double barreled shotguns... I wasn't familiar with their 555 model, so I took a closer look.

The news here is that there's a Compact and an Enhanced models added to the 555 model line. The compact is light (5 pounds!), and offered in 20, 28 and 410 gauges (with 5 chokes), not sure if all three gauges will find their way north of the border. The Enhanced has a nicer walnut grade (the one I looked at was indeed, really nice), engraved receiver, weighs 6 pounds and a half, also comes with 5 chokes. The MSRP is a bit high I find, but I would say these guns are on the high side of the Turkish guns spectrum. (details about the tactical rifle in the picture, found lower down in this post).

Savage introduced (last year?) their A-Series of rimfire semi-autos, and they are adding the A22 this year to this series. It was my first time taking a close look at these models and they look and feel good. Quality materials and machining (case hardened receiver, button-rifled barrel, adjustable accu trigger, rotary magazine); not a cheap semi auto. I didn't see a lot of cost-cutting shortcuts on these.

The tactial crowd will probably appreciate Savage's new Model 10 "Ashbury Precision" model. Definitely out of my comfort zone, but here it is. From Savage's brochure:

"Saber Modular Rifle Chassis System, with double-locking side folding stock. Magpul MOE pistol grip and buttstock, Magpul PMAG AICS 5-round detachable box magazine, octogonal aluminum guard with M-LOK attachement system, factory blue-printed action". Whatever all that means

Last edited by greentips; 01-17-2017 at 07:46 PM.
    I like to refurb Lee Enfields!

CSSA, CCFR member

That O/U in the center looks awesome !!...Great pics !!
    If you take your kids hunting, you Won't have to go hunting for your kids!!!!

My friends..yes. My dog...maybe. My gun....NEVER !!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sherlockbonez's Avatar
    Always good to have another 28.