Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Steel Core Ammunition on our Range

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Just an opposing view, a faster lead core round will do more damage than a slower steel core.

As well a steel jacket, lead core will do nearly identical damage as copper jacket lead core.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGNUT View Post
    Wrong. You pull the trigger, you are responsible. No exceptions.
    X2!! People need to start accepting responsibility and the consequences of their actions. There seems to be precious little accountability in this society where it's always somebody else's fault.
    "If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, you can better serve your country by living somewhere else." -Stompin Tom Connors

Hard times create strong men; Strong men create good times; Good times create weak men; Weak men create hard times. Steady up...

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman304 View Post
    Before we hang the shooter here, lets consider the possibility of a novice shooter who was sold steel ammo unknowingly. The range officers should be very vigilant in checking ammo being brought in if accidents are to be prevented.
    I don't think that is correct thinking, as my range is also no steel core, and was clearly stated in the rules when I signed up for membership. Being new to shooting at the time I didn't know everything, and thought I scored a deal on some green tip (steel core) ammo at a good price at another range that allows steel core. Only to realize out after buying that green tip=steel core and I am not able to shoot that at my range....That is my fault, so I have 500+ rounds of steel core sitting around. I will have to go to another range to shoot that...

You should be responsible for your own stuff you bring to the range, if your not sure ask a range officer before shooting....Dont go by the old saying "shoot first.....ask questions later"

you should press charges and give them the bill....i just hate stupid people!
    ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY/CANADA CAN DO FOR YOU, BUT ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY/CANADA!!! FOR GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer randyhub's Avatar
    Well I was at your Calgary range, and a weekend warrior shows up with an SKS with a duckbill mag, scope, bipod, front grip, laser, ATI stock, flashlight, and starts doing mag dumps.

I can see the sparking, note the surplus ammo, and say hey you can't shoot that stuff here!

He just glares at me and keeps shooting!

Some people just do not care about the privilege to shoot at a private facility.

Hope you guys go after the guilty party and set an example, as malicious damage is just so ignorant!

I did go and tell the counter guys as well, don't want the range wrecked. Should have a magnet at the table as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer randyhub's Avatar
    Double post.

Nevermind, not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by randyhub View Post
    Well I was at your Calgary range, and a weekend warrior shows up with an SKS with a duckbill mag, scope, bipod, front grip, laser, ATI stock, flashlight, and starts doing mag dumps.

I can see the sparking, note the surplus ammo, and say hey you can't shoot that stuff here!

He just glares at me and keeps shooting!

Some people just do not care about the privilege to shoot at a private facility.

Hope you guys go after the guilty party and set an example, as malicious damage is just so ignorant!

I did go and tell the counter guys as well, don't want the range wrecked. Should have a magnet at the table as well.
    Ohhhh my God, those are the dudes that give us gun nutz a bad rap! Ugh.

what is the procedure when you guys get people using the range? do you do a magnet check? magazine check?
    Cheeki Breeki!

This kind of thing is totally preventable. When they sign in to use the range, if they bring their own ammo, you check it. I agree that the shooter is responsible regardless if he knew or not. It is up to him or her to know what they are shooting.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast