Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Steel Core Ammunition on our Range

I know this thread is about steel core, but the "spray and pray" is a closely related issue. I recently asked permission at my range to do some 50 yard groups with my 1911. Nope. No pistols allowed on the 50 yard range. Most people can't hit the backstop.

Rob!

CGN frequent flyer
    I have no issue NOT using steel core at an indoor range. Sensible rule if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
    Most people can't hit the backstop.
    That is disturbing in all kinds of ways. I guess that's why baffles are becoming the norm these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblack View Post
    Hi JR

Did the rules recently change on the bimetallic lead core stuff? is this allowed?

x2

It would be good to confirm if mild steel jackets are now ok?

BANNED
    Who the hell uses steel jacketed bullets?

Or do you mean steel cased bullets?

If the former, your barrel will be worn out quickly and if the latter, who cares? It doesn't really leave the firing line.

FF

Post a rule that all ammo is to be checked before a lane is assigned.

Do a per check on the board there on...sign them in and ....check and sign them out ...if there no damage!! if there's damage, make them pay!! through the A$$ , and ban them...as a group if need be. It cost way..too much money to keep a indoor range going. And this shouldn't be parts of the cost " of doing business "
    Cheers
    B

Charge with what offense? Section 86[1] Careless use of a firearm; 430[1] Mischief

If it's my premises (it's not), and I say you need to wear a red shirt and blue corduroy pants to use my facility, then that's what you do if you want to use it. If I say no steel core ammunition because I don't like the sound it makes, or the mess it leaves or just because I felt like making that rule, then you don't shoot steel core ammunition. You don't get to make the rules - if you don't like them, don't enter.

I never cease to be amazed by the level of self-entitlement people posses (this that and all generations).

Deleted
    Last edited by A_guy; 02-02-2017 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Double-post monster

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Who the hell uses steel jacketed bullets?

Or do you mean steel cased bullets?

If the former, your barrel will be worn out quickly and if the latter, who cares? It doesn't really leave the firing line.

FF
    Norinco, such as the ammo pictured above, and all military surplus I've seen has a mild steel jacket (magnet sticks to the bullet). Lead-core 7.62x39 without steel in the jacket is a rare find.

Not talking about the steel CARTRIDGE case , as that wouldn't matter for the backstop.

What it appears was stated earlier in the thread was that steel jacketed bullets with a lead core are allowed at TSE, and a few of us would like that clarified, as there is a lot of lead-core steel-jacketed ammo out there, which I, along with many others, have been refraining from taking to TSE.