Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 SHOT SHOW: SKELI X11 Modular Carbine

As long as no one is shooting at you, a HOD is probably not a life or death issue...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    AKs?
    Mismatch is the new black

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by norlandgeese View Post
    AKs?
    Not to forget the whole G series of HK rifles and the MP5. BHO device is a good thing but not essential to be a success. There's what now 100,000,000 + Ak's.

Moe

CGN Regular
    If non restricted I'm very interested!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    QD barrel using a ratchet system

From the looks it's a knurled barrel nut and some sort of ball detente to hold it, or a locking pin of some kind? Any chance of a photo of the locking system out of the gun?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Is there a reason I can't edit my posts in the shotshow section??? Anyways, I was going to say, several photos or the barrel nut/ratchet system if possible.

I asked to take some internal pics but they didn't want to have those published yet.

Quote Originally Posted by norlandgeese View Post
    I don't think no last round bolt hold open is as big a deal as we make it out to be, probably AR obduracy.
    I'm trained in the AR manual of arms so I understand the benefit of a well placed bolt release, but at the end of the day:
    Bang bang bang NO-bang.
    Quick peek and mag change.
    Do "something" to chamber a round.
    A way to hold the bolt open is pretty important in IA. HK doesn't have a bolt open, but it has a slot for the charging handle to hook on to keep the bolt open.

A lot of time, a double feed of some sort will need to have the bolt pulled to the rear so the magazine can be ripped out, especially in case when a cartridge is stripped and pushed a quarter way inside the chamber.

This may not happen a lot of time, but when it happens without bolt catch, you will have to pull the charging handle to the rear, while ripping out and depressing the magazine release at the same time. Pretty hard unless you have 3 hands or use a wall to push the charging handle.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    No Bolt hold open is a deal breaker for me. If my sks has one, there is no reason a gun 70 years newer can't have one too.

At first look, i thought this might be a good 3-gun alternative to the AR. But nope...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    I disagree that a bolt hold open is important.... Sure it is nice to have, but I guess it comes down to the IA drill. and how the gun functions... arguably this gun doesn't really need it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast