Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help understanding CGN "infractions"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Yes, would luv some less obvious sample of infractions and the impact/penalty.

I've never receive an infraction, nor even a warning, despite been told many times I'm not NICE. Perhaps sticking to specific and measurable facts convince the mods it is not personal but the truth.

If you do something stupid, esp. when it is dangerous, I'll call you out on it. Thankfully the mods seems very level headed distinguish personal attacks from beneficial advice.

Good advice, if mom or grandma is knowingly waving a gun around I would tell her that is stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post

I don't post things that I wouldn't say to my Grandmother or my Mom , might be food for thought?

Best Regards,
    Rob
    Hard to be young and emotional. Don't worry, that will pass as you grow bitter and quiet.
    Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    I hear what you are saying and have gone that Avenue before I guess it's just as simple as do not argue or state how you really feel toward a Cetrain post and just include "rainbows and sunshine" in all your comments....anyways I guess we will try that once again! Thx
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer handofzeus's Avatar
    I once got a warning and then voiced my opinion on a topic and received an infraction. No point trying to interact with closed-minded, obtuse, peabrains. Do what I did......withdraw, keep your opinions to yourself and watch from a distance. Enjoy the EE and follow news updates. You'd be surprised how many online loudmouths here are actually kids typing feverishly in mommy's basement.
    Canada ended when Trudeau began.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    Be proud, only candy asses have zero infractions.
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Yea, I got one once, basically for "stirring the pot", learned my lesson...

Sometimes it's hard to have an open minded discussion on here. People start the name calling instead of discussing the topic.

Just remember that Everyone is entitled to an opinion, no matter how stupid or wrong it may seem to you or me.

Or don't look at any threads other than EE threads, which don't require debate.

CGN Regular
    I got a warning for putting a topic in wrong section , New Member slip up on my part . But on other hand . a fellow poster basically called me a illiterate immigrant out in the open , totally ignoring the fact that I posted my fathers Canadian WW1 service , in the memoriam section , and I don't think that poster got a warning or points . So a post that borders on racism and personal insults is apparently ok .
    On any forum you will soon recognize the posters that are spoiling for an online fight over the stupidest sh&t you can think of , grammar warrior,s , name callers , post hi jackers . Best just read and ignore their posts . Skip over the B S forget it , and carry on

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Hey, that's what the NEED FOR SPEED idiots say about getting driving infractions. Glad you are PROUD of these non candy asses driving recklessly around in your hood.
    Quote Originally Posted by geologist View Post
    Click on the black triangle with the exclamation in the center to report the post. Mods are very good at getting those post deleted and assumingly appropriate warning/infraction.
    Quote Originally Posted by LE303 View Post
    I got a warning for putting a topic in wrong section , New Member slip up on my part . But on other hand . a fellow poster basically called me a illiterate immigrant out in the open , totally ignoring the fact that I posted my fathers Canadian WW1 service , in the memoriam section , and I don't think that poster got a warning or points . So a post that borders on racism and personal insults is apparently ok .
    On any forum you will soon recognize the posters that are spoiling for an online fight over the stupidest sh&t you can think of , grammar warrior,s , name callers , post hi jackers . Best just read and ignore their posts . Skip over the B S forget it , and carry on
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

cgn freak control ...

Hilarious. Kind of like the position of geologists on the university campus.
    If God didn't want holsters to be leather, he wouldn't have made so many damn cows.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    I hear what you are saying and have gone that Avenue before I guess it's just as simple as do not argue or state how you really feel toward a Cetrain post and just include "rainbows and sunshine" in all your comments....anyways I guess we will try that once again! Thx
    Too bad to hear this. Arguing is one of the best parts of this site; even better than EE imo.

For the most part, it's not what you say, but how you say it.

This might help: Take a piece of masking tape, and with a sharpie write: "Whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad." Take this piece of tape and stick it to your desktop monitor.
    If you post frequently from your mobile device, then substitute that long quote for: "Mad words are Bad words." This way, whenever you're about to blow a gasket while reading one of ___________* posts.....[insert pot-stirring emoticon here] :D:D:D, you will be able to keep your cool and correct the offending post with composure and purpose.

See? Easy-peasy!

On another note: The day this site ceases to become a place to argue, debate and even finger-poke, is the last day I grace it with my presence (that's right, I said it )

....aaaaaaaannnnnd pink :/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Plus one!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast