Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 SHOT Show: Ruger MK IV Target Pistol

2017 SHOT Show: Ruger MK IV Target Pistol

2017 SHOT Show: Ruger MK IV Target Pistol

Released shortly before SHOT Ruger has updated the MKIII Platform again. Basic function remains unchanged in all aspects but disassembly.

Anyone who has owned any of the earlier models knows the pains involved in cleaning them and then getting it back together on your first try.
    I am very please to say they have fixed this issue! They have also removed the loaded chamber indicator.

The magazine disconnect is still in place.

Lou never having handled a MKIII or lower was able to tear down this pistol in seconds.
    That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there!

George Orwell

Snow-White Le Mod
    As a total beginner with this family of pistols, I have to say, it was ridiculously easy to take apart. Fremen is trying hard to convince me to get one of these (I did try his MkII and I loved almost everything about it), and seeing this significant improvement to this latest version might just do the trick.
    Last edited by louthepou; 01-18-2017 at 05:54 PM.
    I like to refurb Lee Enfields!

CSSA, CCFR member

Snow-White Le Mod
    oops double tap
    I like to refurb Lee Enfields!

CSSA, CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hometownhero's Avatar
    Seen some for sale up here already and at over $900 might be a hard sell
    '14 Carbon Spyder 30 Blackout
    '14 Pro Edge Elite White
    '15 Podium X Elite Silver ice

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Big Bad's Avatar
    At the deadly intersection of Turd and Blair.
    The most accurate little pistol I own, in the Mark II version, on a good day I feel I can shoot the stingers off mosquitos with it. But re-assembly of the first 3 versions after cleaning is a perishable skill and one that's pretty hard to acquire in the first place. Yeah I'd buy this version first and every time, if I didn't already have the Mk II.
    "Guns don't kill people, the government does." -- Dale Gribble
    "The best fatal mistakes to learn from are those made by others" -- BB Truism
    "Knowledge isn't free. You have to pay attention." -- Richard Feynman

BANNED
    Any mention of versions with a threaded barrel? I have an MKIII that is threaded and would love to upgrade but a .22 not threaded for a suppressor is a no go.

BANNED
    Would not mind one of these if I did not have a MKIII already and love it

Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    Any mention of versions with a threaded barrel? I have an MKIII that is threaded and would love to upgrade but a .22 not threaded for a suppressor is a no go.
    The 22/45 Lite has already been released, which all feature a threaded barrel. I don't know if they've ever offered the metal frame versions with a threaded barrel in any significant quantity.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"

WOW....that is nice!...Price tag sucks, but else is new with our dollar...lol
    If you take your kids hunting, you Won't have to go hunting for your kids!!!!

My friends..yes. My dog...maybe. My gun....NEVER !!!

CGN Regular
    If you don't mind the regular blued target model it can be had for around 600$ which is not bad at all. It is worth it. While I do enjoy shooting my buckmark UFX more than my Mk IV, the MK IV is a phenomenal pistol that will eat any ammo and shoot very tight groups all day long.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast