Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2017: What would it take to make me love an AR?

Snow-White Le Mod

SHOT Show 2017: What would it take to make me love an AR?

I like the AR platform, don't get me wrong. But, I "love" a classic Lee Speed with beautiful walnut stock.

So, Fremen began his quest to try to make me fall in love with an AR. "Shouldn't be too difficult", he probably thought, given the gazillion manufacturers and accessory companies present at the SHOT show. But, I can be a tough case to convert.

So, Fremen brought me at the Cobalt Kinetics at the range, then we visited their booth at the Show.

Ok, I'll admit; Cobalt's guns are... sexy, in a strange way. Again, you have to understand that I'm a guy shooting century-old guns most of the time. But, the machining of all the different parts is so well done that I could believe you if you were telling me the whole thing was carved from one single piece of material. Very, very nice.

They can probably be best decribed as "race gun" - especially their version with auto mag drop and auto bolt release. For me though, the main winning point is that the guns are all completely amidextrous. South Paw here likes that.

Model with auto mag drop and bolt release:

At the booth, we realized that the Empire's stormtroopers left their AR's behind. After taking a close look and handling these Cobalt Kinetics' AR's, maybe, just maybe, I could be tempted to join the Dark Side.

I like to refurb Lee Enfields!

CSSA, CCFR member

One of my goals for SHOT was to get Lou converted to the AR Side. I believe in this I have succeeded.

It started with War Sports at industry day and followed up with Cobalt Kinetics. I would say it was love at first trigger pull!
    With the ability to drop the bolt with his thumb and full ambi controls Lou the lefty was swooning.

Knowing full well that these were race guns were thoroughbreds of a breed to their own. I have little doubt that he is looking to buy one... pending wifely approval!

Think Lou maybe in love with a Cylon!
    Last edited by Fremen; 01-19-2017 at 06:01 PM.
    That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there!

George Orwell

I want one of these so bad, a local place has the grey and red one.... soooo nice but pricey, if it was NR I would get one in a heart beat.

Quote Originally Posted by mareshow View Post
    I want one of these so bad, a local place has the grey and red one.... soooo nice but pricey, if it was NR I would get one in a heart beat.
    Could you pm me the local store that has one?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I've shot my buddies. Very nice rifle. His didn't come with a hot secretary looking model though

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    The all bright silver one looks right out of Battlestar Galactica!
    CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Is Katelyn holding the same rifle in all the photos? There seem to be differences in the controls in the photos.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rstjean View Post
    Could you pm me the local store that has one?
    Wild West Shooting range @ WEM

Nice looking rig, I have to agree.

CGN Regular
    Interesting, very interesting

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast