Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9mm ammunition sale - contract overage

BANNED
    Glock chambers are not fully supported. But not many factory barrels are.

Take your barrel out and place it flat on a table. Place a round in it. It's the small gap just above the feed ramp. That's the area that bulges out after it's been fired. Over time it will weaken that area. It can cause a KB.

That's why it's not a great idea to use casings that have been fired many times.

Quote Originally Posted by EUROSWAG View Post
    Glock chambers are not fully supported. But not many factory barrels are.

Take your barrel out and place it flat on a table. Place a round in it. It's the small gap just above the feed ramp. That's the area that bulges out after it's been fired. Over time it will weaken that area. It can cause a KB.

That's why it's not a great idea to use casings that have been fired many times.
    Too much internet reading for you!

I only shoot Glock and always with "re-manufactured" ammo (BDX). Never had a problem, ever.

BANNED
    Well, that's your choice. I spend a lot of money for my firearms. I will never feed them remanufactured ammo.

Still don't understand why people spend thousands for equipment and parts to reload ammo. Only to save a few cents. Plus the labour involved in doing it.

Purchased last month.
    Great guys to deal with.
    Make certain that you Enjoy life! You are never going to be younger than you are today.

I'm not getting the concern here or where it comes from. Great ammo. I've gone through a boat load of .45 acp, 9 mm and .223. Always clean, looked like brand new ammo and has performed just as well as any Federal, Blazer Brass, Remington that I have bought new. It's pretty much all my HK SFP9 and AR-15 has ever seen, save a few new boxes here and there.

I'm good with their pistol and rifle ammo and am more than happy to grab what I can during their wicked sales and not have it sold out as quickly by the people who think there's a problem with using factory reloads.
    Planning on living forever. So far, so good!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Silly wabit Glocks are for kids.
    Sig rules the roost .
    Just ask the US ARMY
    I shoot lot's of my reloads through all my Sig's
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxAlpha View Post
    As far as I'm aware, the only thing that isn't suitable for glock barrels, or specifically polygonal rifled barrels, would be bare lead ammunition.
    Interesting, didn't know that. Thanks for the reply!

Purchased two weeks ago. Bought 9 mm and 38 sp.
    Good service , good ammo.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by EUROSWAG View Post
    Well, that's your choice. I spend a lot of money for my firearms. I will never feed them remanufactured ammo.

Still don't understand why people spend thousands for equipment and parts to reload ammo. Only to save a few cents. Plus the labour involved in doing it.
    remanufactured ammo is made the same way as commercial ammo,smaller scale,,but same way,and even your so called commercial ammo you say you buy for your mack daddy equipment can have the same failures,and have,many times,reloaded ammo by someone who knows what he's doing will always outshoot your commercial stuff,as for labour,,guys who reload are usually "true" enthousiast who enjoy the hobby,plus they get to prectice more with ammo that cost 50% less or more,and usually tailored to their firearm,

BANNED
    I dont care if its re-manufactured and reloaded, I use alot of it.
    I just dont want to use lead in the Glock as it fouls the barrel due to the polygonal rifling
    Are these tin coated or bare lead, I cant tell from the picture

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast