Thread: IWA Outdoor Classic Project @ Dlask Arms

IWA Outdoor Classic Project @ Dlask Arms

We have just finished our selection of DAR-22's for the IWA Show in Germany and this one was left over. I was thinking of using the stepped / fluted design for a Limited Edition run of barrels because I just personally like it so much. Others here are like...."meh". What do you 'Nutters think ?

Name:  20170113_123443.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  53.4 KBName:  20170113_123422.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  65.3 KB

It reduces so much weight from the front of the gun that a normally front heavy rifle feels almost 50 / 50, it's really nice. (The barrel is a standard 16.5" long barrel with a custom turned XB-5 to match the .820" O.D. of the barrel.) No, it's not chrome lined but ,Yes, it is Nitride finished.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Looks real good!!!!!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

This profile looks like what is used or at least the pic of your threaded barrel DAR 22TX, is that what this rifle is?
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy.It is our job to see that it stays there." George Orwell

thumbs up!

Looks good !
    " An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last"
    - Winston Churchill

I think it looks great! Btw, my recently purchased Dar 22 is fantastic!!! Looking forward to getting another one set up...With this barrel profile perhaps???

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeps View Post
    This profile looks like what is used or at least the pic of your threaded barrel DAR 22TX, is that what this rifle is?
    You nailed it Jeeps ! I custom turned a bunch of different profile barrels to make 'Show Guns' for IWA and I liked the one on my TX so much I made this one for this DAR-22 Basic to display at the show. The trick is to make the proportions of the -stepped : non-stepped- lengths 'right' for each different stock. Because all stocks have a slightly different length forend this can be difficult. Our DAR-22 Basic comes standard in a Hogue stock so we will do the big production run in these dimensions to offer as an upgrade.

(I also did one for another 'Show Gun' going to Germany in a Stealth Grey Magpul X-22 stock. It is off right now getting a makeover at B.C. Cerakote. I should have it back in a few weeks and will post pics of it then. It is my personal rifle so got a bit of extra love....(:
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”