Thread: 2017 SHOT Show: A few new rifles from Ruger

Snow-White Le Mod

2017 SHOT Show: A few new rifles from Ruger

Not too many big news from Ruger this year, but I took note of these ones.

First, a new take-down 10/22, the "Takedown Lite" (top one in pictures). I believe last year the Takedown with fluted target barrel was introduced (not 100% sure), but in any case this year it brought along its lighter cousin. What looks like a bull barrel is actually is a "alloy steel barrel tensioned in an aluminum sleve".

The Ruger American line is growing too, with two new calibers offered in their Ranch and Predator models. The Ranch is offered now in .450 Bushmaster (I guess it's a good thing this 6-pound rifle's 16-inch barrel has a muzzle break...) The Predator (sorry, no pictures of that one) is now available in 6mm Creedmore (which, incidently, seems to be everyone's new pet caliber this year - many other manufacturers are making lots of noise about it).

Ranch:

I like to refurb Lee Enfields!

CSSA, CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Nice to see they've got a new muzzle brake design. I hated the look of the older/common one. Wooo, 450 Bushmaster... I'll have to wear some women pads on my shoulder for that puppy.

CSSA Member

The group from Ruger were great to talk with.

Finally got an answer to why their new trigger group for the 10/22 platform does not have an auto bolt release.
    The said that it was left as is to prevent the accidental chambering of a round.

Something from Ruger unsure if new but was unknown

The BX 1-1 magazine

This is a single shot mag for the 10/22® Rifle, SR-22® Rifle, 22 Charger Pistol, .22 LR Ruger American Rimfire® Rifle and .22 LR Ruger 77/22® Rifle.

At this time it does not ship with any of their youth rifle line. While talking to Ruger, Lou and I suggested that it really should.

Sadly they did not have one on hand.
    That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there!

George Orwell

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
    The group from Ruger were great to talk with.
    Good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
    The BX 1-1 magazine
    Handy!

Supporting Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    Nice to see they've got a new muzzle brake design. I hated the look of the older/common one. Wooo, 450 Bushmaster... I'll have to wear some women pads on my shoulder for that puppy.

Woo Hoo... expect to see another BEAR DEFENSE thread I am sure... :-)

This could be alot of fun.

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    I'm in on that Ruger 450 bolt gun would be an awesome bear defence/camp/thin bush hunting setup...

How many rounds fit in the mag?

Will spare mags be available?

I already have thousands of bullets on the shelf would just need brass, dies and a Lee factory crimp die.
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

Would look great in an LSS, maybe with a folding stock adaptor.