Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Polymer80 COMPACT kits now available for pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by 3#cannon View Post
    I still want a couple of these... do we have the ability to proceed with a sale or is this on hold for a bit??
    Just thinking if others are backing out there may be some available. .
    You can order as many as you'd like. We've updated our site to require a PAL when ordering them but they're still for sale.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Thringer View Post
    ok, might be a stupid question but i'm going for it.. your not going to open up the box and add a physical serial number to the actual 80% lower, just add a fin number associated with it attaching the ownership of it to the buyer and once its being built the buyer they add their own serial number.. right?
    Not a stupid question at all. We will not be putting any S/N on these. Only the required FIN which the RCMP provide when we regester them. Once you manufacture it you'll add the serial number and let the RCMP know.

Scott

So they issue a registration certificate with no serial number until you complete the firearm?

They should bring back the crappy stickers like we had in the early 2000's

CGN frequent flyer
    Questar,

are you aware of an action by canadian retailers and/or manufacturers of AR15 80% lowers who will take this issue to court to have a judge review the RCMP's opinion that these objects are prohibited?

Youza.

Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    Questar,

are you aware of an action by canadian retailers and/or manufacturers of AR15 80% lowers who will take this issue to court to have a judge review the RCMP's opinion that these objects are prohibited?

Youza.
    I cannot say as we are aware of any such action. There has been a lot of talk about this recent turn of events but nothing concrete that we've been made aware of.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Questar2 View Post

...the only thing that's changed is when a number is added to it. So, nothing really.

Scott
    What about buying one (80% pistol lower) ? If nothing has changed then I don't need to provide proof of RPAL ?

* EDIT - thought so... What a crock of !

It's NOT a firearm, I shouldn't be required to provide ANY info except maybe my C/C.

What next, PAL to buy brass/projectiles ? They're "going to be" ammunition...

(I'm not blaming or getting mad @ Questar)

Quote Originally Posted by Questar2 View Post

If you have one on order and don't have the required PAL of course we'll cancel the order...
    Last edited by Boomer74; 06-24-2017 at 10:40 PM.
    The psychotic murderer in Newtown, CT, broke 41 laws – how INSANE do you have to be to think the 42nd law would've had any effect on this madman ?

- Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer74 View Post
    What about buying one (80% pistol lower) ? If nothing has changed then I don't need to provide proof of RPAL ?

* EDIT - thought so... What a crock of !

It's NOT a firearm, I shouldn't be required to provide ANY info except maybe my C/C.

What next, PAL to buy brass/projectiles ? They're "going to be" ammunition...

(I'm not blaming or getting mad @ Questar)

The RCMP have specified that we are required to confirm your legal ability to own this class of (what will become a functioning firearm) at the time of purchase. Basically making the purchase of the 80% recevier / frames no different than buying a firearm. So you would need to provide your PAL info at the time of purchase.

The RCMP have deemed it TO be a firearm and are requiring the imports to regester them and apply the FIN number to them.

So until this position is challanged we have no choice but to follow the rules........

Scott

So, what happens if you scrap a lower?

Quote Originally Posted by maecolis View Post
    So, what happens if you scrap a lower?
    You would need to contact the RCMP and inform them that the frame / receiver has been damaged / destroyed (they may require iamges or something) and needs to be removed from the regestry.

Scott

Im not a Glock guy, but Im planning on building one. These compact models take Glock 19 parts correct? And if so, do you guys carry everything to complete them?
    CSSA | CCFR