Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920

Thread: Polymer80 COMPACT kits now available for pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyy View Post
    So I guess I missed all the 'hooplaw' on these, wasn't following all the info- are they now just the same as buying a Registered Frame? These are now a controlled/registered/serial #'d item just like any restrcted? No more buy it, build it, have 30 days to call the CFO kinda thing? What about {status of them} for those who bought them long time ago? Thnx
    There was indeed a 'bit of hooplaw' about these and every other 80% recevier frame some months back. These are now just like a firearm and need to be registered with the RCMP (as they are restricted, any non-restriced 80% doesn't) within X days of import. Now, as they don't come with a S/N the RCMP issues a F.I.N. number to the importer who has to mark it within X days. So these would be sold and transfered to you just like a G19 (but using the F.I.N. not the S/N) but with only a F.I.N on them, you still get to choose the S/N, mark it and update the RCMP once you've done that.

As far as anything prior to this change you'd need to ask the RCMP.

Scott

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Questar2 View Post
    There was indeed a 'bit of hooplaw' about these and every other 80% recevier frame some months back. These are now just like a firearm and need to be registered with the RCMP (as they are restricted, any non-restriced 80% doesn't) within X days of import. Now, as they don't come with a S/N the RCMP issues a F.I.N. number to the importer who has to mark it within X days. So these would be sold and transfered to you just like a G19 (but using the F.I.N. not the S/N) but with only a F.I.N on them, you still get to choose the S/N, mark it and update the RCMP once you've done that.

As far as anything prior to this change you'd need to ask the RCMP.

Scott
    So how and where do you mark the FIN?
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    So how and where do you mark the FIN?
    They've not specified where it needs to be marked other than on a surface that will not be impacted by modification (completion) of the recevier blank. The markings only need to comply with section 7(1) of the Firearms Registration Certificates Regulations. We'll be engraving the FIN onto them in the most unobtrusive location we can. We're reviewing now where that will be.

Scott

Very cool we can still do this. I thought it had been completely banned, but like all Canadian firearms laws, it's just tremendously complicated for no good reason. That said, it's awesome we can still do these builds. It looks like a fun challenge.

Hi all. Been lurking here for a while but not posting. Very informative forum with lots of good info. Bumping this thread because it appears closest to my question.

I currently have a Gen 3 Glock 22 and a Gen 2 Glock 19 (I have a 12(6)), and have always wanted a Glock 26 or 27. I've seen the Canada legal models Questar sells with the 106mm barrel but it's not really what I had in mind. I'm sure there are a handful of legally registered ones out there - they started making them in 1995 so there should be some that came into Canada before they became prohibs - but I never see them for sale.

So anyway, I was reading the CFC's page on 80% receivers; http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/p...rcasse-eng.htm where it says "Future import and retail sales of receiver blanks will be available only to individuals or businesses that have the appropriate firearms licence. Restricted and prohibited receiver blanks must be registered.". Does this mean it is possible to purchase prohibited receiver blanks in Canada with an appropriate license? Could I buy a Poly80 G26 frame (PF940SC) and complete it with the rest of the non-serialized parts to make a complete "G26" that would still be prohibited but legal for me to own? I'm sure it would be an expensive project but that is not really a concern.

Just asking for some people's thoughts on this before I spend any more time investigating. Thanks in advance for you feedback!

The 80% had just like banned in Canada, the reality is no one sale them now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KernelKurtz View Post
    Hi all. Been lurking here for a while but not posting. Very informative forum with lots of good info. Bumping this thread because it appears closest to my question.

I currently have a Gen 3 Glock 22 and a Gen 2 Glock 19 (I have a 12(6)), and have always wanted a Glock 26 or 27. I've seen the Canada legal models Questar sells with the 106mm barrel but it's not really what I had in mind. I'm sure there are a handful of legally registered ones out there - they started making them in 1995 so there should be some that came into Canada before they became prohibs - but I never see them for sale.

So anyway, I was reading the CFC's page on 80% receivers; http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/p...rcasse-eng.htm where it says "Future import and retail sales of receiver blanks will be available only to individuals or businesses that have the appropriate firearms licence. Restricted and prohibited receiver blanks must be registered.". Does this mean it is possible to purchase prohibited receiver blanks in Canada with an appropriate license? Could I buy a Poly80 G26 frame (PF940SC) and complete it with the rest of the non-serialized parts to make a complete "G26" that would still be prohibited but legal for me to own? I'm sure it would be an expensive project but that is not really a concern.

Just asking for some people's thoughts on this before I spend any more time investigating. Thanks in advance for you feedback!
    Little confused by what you are asking, but...

All handguns with barrels less then 106mm meet the definition of a prohibited firearm, so unless you are appropriately licensed you can have a G26 but it will require a 106mm or greater barrel.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Little confused by what you are asking, but...

All handguns with barrels less then 106mm meet the definition of a prohibited firearm, so unless you are appropriately licensed you can have a G26 but it will require a 106mm or greater barrel.
    He wants to build a 12.6 gun, the answer is no.

curious for those who had already bought 80% lower what they need to do? call RCMP get a FIN code? And for who got AR15 80% lower, head to RCMP for self-incrimination?