Page 1 of 20 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Polymer80 COMPACT kits now available for pre-order

Polymer80 COMPACT kits now available for pre-order

We've just added this page

https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/s...?id=2911&bc=no

for the Polymer80 Compact kits so you can get your order in.

We placed a pre-order with Polymer80 just before Christmas and was told at the show last week they expect to be shipping the first units late Feb or early March.

Also spoke with them about their AR kits and would they be offering 1911 kits.

So what sort of interest is there in AR kits in Polymer? Or would you rather have aluminum?

Let us know. We're going to be ordering some in and want to know who's looking for what.

As for the 1911 kits they say they're in process but want to make sure they're right before they're released. So it might be awhile before we see them.

CGN Regular
    My opinion is stay away from the AR 80% market, so many other companies makes polymer and aluminum lowers already. Stick with what you know and either make glock 20/21 frames or sub compact glock frames. Polymer or aluminum 1911 frames would also be good.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by freekshow001 View Post
    My opinion is stay away from the AR 80% market, so many other companies makes polymer and aluminum lowers already. Stick with what you know and either make glock 20/21 frames or sub compact glock frames. Polymer or aluminum 1911 frames would also be good.
    They are a Canadian distributor/retail online store, they are not the ones manufacturing these products. Polymer80 makes the kits, they bring them in to sell to us in Canada....

Obviously there is interest in polymer frames, as the other dealers who had stock sold out fast!....So good on them for bringing more in to give people more options of where to buy them in Canada

For me Questar is closer then other companies that sell them, so I would save on shipping cost and get it much faster since they are about 1 hour away from where I live
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 01-26-2017 at 04:27 AM.

where would you get the parts to complete the gun?
    and how does registering these homemade guns play out?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    They are a Canadian distributor/retail online store, they are not the ones manufacturing these products. Polymer80 makes the kits, they bring them in to sell to us in Canada....

Obviously there is interest in polymer frames, as the other dealers who had stock sold out fast!....So good on them for bringing more in to give people more options of where to buy them in Canada

For me Questar is closer then other companies that sell them, so I would save on shipping cost and get it much faster since they are about 1 hour away from where I live
    Our flat rate shipping, anywhere in Canada is $9.99, so make that order a fat box and shipping will still only be $9.99, as long as all items you order are in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by rickymo View Post
    where would you get the parts to complete the gun?
    and how does registering these homemade guns play out?

We have all the parts on our site to complete the frame and to build your slide, if you go that route.

If you're looking to build a 9MM frame you'll find the kit here

https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/s...?id=2885&bc=no

or if 40S&W is your flavour you'll find those kits here;

https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/s...?id=2884&bc=no

Hope this helps.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Questar2 View Post
    We have all the parts on our site to complete the frame and to build your slide, if you go that route.

If you're looking to build a 9MM frame you'll find the kit here

https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/s...?id=2885&bc=no

or if 40S&W is your flavour you'll find those kits here;

https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/s...?id=2884&bc=no

Hope this helps.
    Scott
    Knowledge question, I thought the lowers between the glock 19 and 23 were interchangable. Only upper slide, ejector, barrel assembly (and mags per se) weren't. Or what's the difference between the 9mm and 40 lowers?

Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-2 View Post
    Knowledge question, I thought the lowers between the glock 19 and 23 were interchangable. Only upper slide, ejector, barrel assembly (and mags per se) weren't. Or what's the difference between the 9mm and 40 lowers?
    The only difference in the kits is the trigger housing which has the caliber specific ejector fitted in it. The 40/.357 ejector is straight while the .38/9MM has a slight bend and the 10MM/.45ACP ejector is almost hook shaped.

Hope this helps,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-2 View Post
    Lowers are the exact same, negligible difference between ejectors; talking about .035 inch difference between rim diameter. As for the upper only real difference is the barrel and recoil spring obviously. In fact .40 mags hold a couple extra rounds of 9mm. Main difference is the recoil spring and barrel, swap those in the 23 and it should feed/fire 9mm without a hitch, keep the spring if you like stiff loads.
    Last edited by Jake1911; 01-26-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson 1791
    Do something today that your future self will thank you for.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Are these the stippled lowers or the plain lower where you can stipple it yourself??
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Page 1 of 20 12345678911 ... LastLast