Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Polymer80 COMPACT kits now available for pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kael View Post
    Im not a Glock guy, but Im planning on building one. These compact models take Glock 19 parts correct? And if so, do you guys carry everything to complete them?
    These kits can be built up using G19 or G23 parts depending on if you want to build a 9MM or a 40S&W. If you want a 9MM you'll need the Compact 9MM frame kit;

https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/s...?id=2931&bc=no

If you want to build a 40 then this kit;

https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/s...?id=2930&bc=no

We don't stock everything but we do offer everything you'll need from barrels to slides to sights.....

Scott

Here is whats ethically and if gone to court perhaps even legally incorrect with this latest RCMP notice wrt the 80% "deemed to be firearm" notice.

Say the next notice, they determine battery powered bicycles need registration. All good. As usual honest Canadian citizens we agree to follow their instructions and start registering bicycles powered by batteries. BUT and here is the big BUTT, what about the ones that were already purchased priory to the notice? All new bikes will get registered but since there is no clear instructions over the ones already purchased leaves a huge gaping hole for all sorts of problems.

Similarly, what about all those 80% lowers for ARs, 1911s and Glocks that were purchased prior to this? Are they now illegal holders of "deemed to be firearms"? Taking this further, anybody could smuggle an illegal lower and still say "this was purchased prior to registration requirements" . Will this make that lower owner a criminal?
    What if someone genuinely purchased one prior to this and don't have proof of purchase since it was not required in the past?
    I would even argue that the RCMP has actually created a "grey" market for these lowers now. By being unclear on the status of prior purchases of 80% lowers they have perhaps created more problems than solutions to curb illegal firearms.

Lastly for what I know, there is a difference between a circular, notice VS a statute: that is passed by a legislative body and from what I understand (a circular/notice) has limited legal binding.
    Last edited by Zandu; 07-07-2017 at 11:06 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Out of curiosity, can someone who has one of these registered show us what the registration certificate looks like? Obviously sensitive info should be redacted.

I am just genuinely curious how they look beings the are not technically firearms....
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Regular
    hey so i saw you removed the full size pf940 kits from your site, was planning to grab one for a build, is this due to the new ones being released soon or do you only carry the compact frames now?

Quote Originally Posted by Thringer View Post
    hey so i saw you removed the full size pf940 kits from your site, was planning to grab one for a build, is this due to the new ones being released soon or do you only carry the compact frames now?
    We've removed them as Polymer80 is no longer offering them, so we aren't going to take an order we can't fill.

Scott.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Questar2 View Post
    We've removed them as Polymer80 is no longer offering them, so we aren't going to take an order we can't fill.

Scott.
    gotcha, thanks.

Well after a long wait the FRT has finally been issued and the Compact kits are in stock

https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/s...?id=2911&bc=no

If you had an order in with us you're has been set aside for you. The remaining ones are up on the site ready for your build...

Questar,

Any chance you're bringing in or can order the full sized frames now? PF940v2? Flat dark earth?

Bradley
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

Now that they're being offered again we're looking into it.

just not sure what delivery will be at the moment.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by PaveHammer View Post
    Questar,

Any chance you're bringing in or can order the full sized frames now? PF940v2? Flat dark earth?

Bradley

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    So I guess I missed all the 'hooplaw' on these, wasn't following all the info- are they now just the same as buying a Registered Frame? These are now a controlled/registered/serial #'d item just like any restrcted? No more buy it, build it, have 30 days to call the CFO kinda thing? What about {status of them} for those who bought them long time ago? Thnx