Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: VIDEO: Modern Hunter - Speed, Accuracy and Distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    LOL your poor company can never keep people happy, eh?
    Video quality is perfect, if you don't like go Netflix and watch The Shooter movie , you came to the wrong place , here is not Hollywood

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Nice shooting!
    Both the gun and the video were well shot, Nice shooting position in the wild, live target cam view in the corner, Pre shot view through the optic and a computer measurment of the group size at the end........ Perfect!
    Short and sweet video of some long and sweet shooting......
    Thanks! More an issue of small shop making a product for the Canadian market, where some people still expect to see fake promotional videos from enormous US conglomerates.

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Another quick clip, This time I'm out shooting my Modern Hunter last fall. I wanted to try and combine both speed and accuracy at some mid-range distance.
    25 seconds, 10 shots, 430 yards.
    I would have liked to have kept it under 1 moa at that distance, but what can you do.
    I'll have to give it another go this summer and see if I can beat my 'old' score.

https://youtu.be/Gsi-6MR9Rlo

I'm thinking of picking up a CF barrel, does it stay pretty consistent as it heats up?

Looking at the footage, assuming your POI was consistent throughout, it sure looks like they're a good bet

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    I'm thinking of picking up a CF barrel, does it stay pretty consistent as it heats up?

Looking at the footage, assuming your POI was consistent throughout, it sure looks like they're a good bet
    POI shift from heat is as close to non existent as I have ever seen in a barrel. Even a 1.20" straight bull barrel will heat deflect if you run a large number of rounds through it. I built the very first Proof CFW barrel in Canada into a 300 Norma mag, 90 grains of powder pushing a 230 gr bullet at 3200 FPS. Proof gave us the barrel so abusing it was a no brainer seeing as my total investment was some labor and components. We purposefully ran 50 rounds through the rifle in under 10 minutes, so fairly rapidly. POI did not change but we could have cooked dinner off of the barrel. They cool down very fast we learned as well.
    All of us here at the shop are sold on them.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    POI shift from heat is as close to non existent as I have ever seen in a barrel. Even a 1.20" straight bull barrel will heat deflect if you run a large number of rounds through it. I built the very first Proof CFW barrel in Canada into a 300 Norma mag, 90 grains of powder pushing a 230 gr bullet at 3200 FPS. Proof gave us the barrel so abusing it was a no brainer seeing as my total investment was some labor and components. We purposefully ran 50 rounds through the rifle in under 10 minutes, so fairly rapidly. POI did not change but we could have cooked dinner off of the barrel. They cool down very fast we learned as well.
    Are you saying I should have gotten this over my 20" JP Supermatch with thermal dissipator lol?
    Check other started threads for combo deals

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Razer View Post
    Are you saying I should have gotten this over my 20" JP Supermatch with thermal dissipator lol?
    Can't say for sure never having used the JP, but I have yet to find any other barrel that dissipates heat better and does not deflect much if at all with heat like the Proof's do. With that being said I am experimenting with the BSF barrels, but too soon for a verdict.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Can't say for sure never having used the JP, but I have yet to find any other barrel that dissipates heat better and does not deflect much if at all with heat like the Proof's do. With that being said I am experimenting with the BSF barrels, but too soon for a verdict.
    Please update with your progress. I like the idea of a carbon sleeved / wrapped barrel so I'm curious.

I was drawn initially to the BSF barrels as their philosophy seems good (using vented carbon fibre as a sleeve to keep the barrel under tension) but Ive read mixed reviews on them, and more troubling is the recent reports that some are failing (one failed on the first shot apparently). From what I can tell this seems to only affect their fluted barrels which may be indicative that they simply removed too much material.

My MS build will be for 3 gun but I see it as a do-it-all rifle and a good barrel will be key.

Are they offered in different contours like regular barrels?

How much lighter are CFW barrels than their regular equivalents?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345