Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: US Military Vests Have Arrived. Updated

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    Do you have the pants for the parkas?
    No

I am interested but if these don't fit are they returnable?
    I usually wear xtra large.
    Yes, less shipping fees and credit card fees.

I got a couple of the vests on the way from you guys, but as an after thought, do you carry any of the molle style pouches such as Mag pouches on your website? A couple of m14 Mag pouches would be perfect but I'm not seeing many places that list them.
    No pouches yet.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Expendable Nate's Avatar
    cant wait for the USMC ones
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance. Be specific about what you want.

CSSA
    IPSC

Just got my vest yesterday. These are well built kit, made in USA, quality stitching. Great value for the money. The pair of Grimlock clip/rings with it is a bonus!

BTW, The main front waist fastex belt buckle and front zipper combo is kinda weird though IMHO. Trying to figure out if you're supposed to use either one or the other, and not both at the same time(?). It seems if you were to try to secure the main front fastex waist buckle, because it's imbedded in a fixed place for the belt adjuster, you'd have a hard time doing up the zipper. Correct me if I'm wrong: I guess you just use the fastex buckle if you're going to walk around with it opened up loosely at the front with the zipper undone?,... OR, you undo the fastex front buckle and tuck the loose ends away in the inner belt sleeve and then do up the zipper?
    I tried doing both up and the locked buckle just won't nest out of the way of the zipper. I'll just tuck away the loose ends of the belt inside to use the zipper. Is that the right way to use it? The main waist buckle then is pretty much window dressing. Maybe I've missed something too obvious to see?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Monty457 View Post
    Just got my vest yesterday. These are well built kit, made in USA, quality stitching. Great value for the money. The pair of Grimlock clip/rings with it is a bonus!

BTW, The main front waist fastex belt buckle and front zipper combo is kinda weird though IMHO. Trying to figure out if you're supposed to use either one or the other, and not both at the same time(?). It seems if you were to try to secure the main front fastex waist buckle, because it's imbedded in a fixed place for the belt adjuster, you'd have a hard time doing up the zipper. Correct me if I'm wrong: I guess you just use the fastex buckle if you're going to walk around with it opened up loosely at the front with the zipper undone?,... OR, you undo the fastex front buckle and tuck the loose ends away in the inner belt sleeve and then do up the zipper?
    I tried doing both up and the locked buckle just won't nest out of the way of the zipper. I'll just tuck away the loose ends of the belt inside to use the zipper. Is that the right way to use it? The main waist buckle then is pretty much window dressing. Maybe I've missed something too obvious to see?

Cheers.
    Redundancy. Two is one and one is none. If the zipper blows out...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fiddler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Monty457 View Post

Cheers.

The buckle takes the weight and tension instead of the zipper.
    When all else fails, Bark like a dog !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Expendable Nate's Avatar
    When the usmc vest show up any chance of a similar deal with the jacket
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance. Be specific about what you want.

CSSA
    IPSC

Name:  gun nuts 1500.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  66.0 KB
    Brand new backpack frames now in! Only $24.95! (Click Here)
    Comes also in a 3 pack for $59.95 (Click Here)
    And a 10 pack for $139.95 (Click Here)

Name:  gun nuts tan vest.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  54.1 KB
    USMC Molle Vest in Coyote Brown(New) - $49.95 (Click Here)
    USMC Molle Vest in Coyote Brown(Used) - $29.95 (Click Here)

Name:  tan vest ammo can.jpg
Size:  51.1 KB
    USMC Molle Vest in Coyote Brown(Used) - 2 Pack in 50 cal. Ammo Can - $59.95 (Click Here)

Name:  tan vest 40mm.jpg
Size:  60.8 KB
    USMC Molle Vest in Coyote Brown(Used) - 5 pack in 40mm ammo can - $129.95 (Click Here)
    Last edited by Frontier Firearms; 03-03-2017 at 05:18 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    So to confirm, Medium parka fits like Large, Regular fits like XL?

How're people liking their parkas that bought them? Would these make a good liner jacket/spare stuff-in-the-backpack jacket?

Med fits like a Large/XL.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I thought the frames were going to be $20?
    Now that you have them, can you say what kind of shape the used vests are in?
    Thanks.

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".