Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: US Military Vests Have Arrived. Updated

Quote Originally Posted by H Wally View Post
    So to confirm, Medium parka fits like Large, Regular fits like XL?

How're people liking their parkas that bought them? Would these make a good liner jacket/spare stuff-in-the-backpack jacket?
    I take an XL usually (5' 9 1/2", just a regular stout XL size), and my parka fits perfect. Sleeve length is great, with arms extended it doesn't pull up short over my wrists. Super light, so yeah, I could see rolling it up for a stuff sack. Has a rounded dropped section at the rear to cover your hiney, so it won't creep up if you bend over or whatever, kind of like the profile you see on bicycle riding jackets. Two big zippered outer side slash pockets, and two huge, deep open top mesh pockets inside, one on each side. Only thing I haven't tried yet is it's rain or snow resistance. The fabric doesn't look very waterproof but I could be wrong. Likely best used in cold, dry weather, or as a liner under a waterproof wetskin, poncho, or something. And the colour is actually a very, very pale OD green, not grey, at least mine is, not grey as reported earlier, which I like better than grey anyway.

BTW, regarding the US FLC vest, (offered as a package deal with the parka), I had a problem getting the front main buckle to tuck in out of the way of the zipper, until I figured out that whoever packaged it had threaded the waist web belt through the main front fastex buckles backwards. After I un-did and re-routed the web belt the right way, the straps now lay back BEHIND the buckles properly, allowing you to tug on them and cinch it tight through the vest's waist tube at the rear ends of the opening, pulling the buckles inside the front of the vest better and out of the way of the zipper. Make sure you orient the buckles the correct way so they catch tight on the belt and don't let it slide through easily.
    A simple fix, but just thought I'd mention it for anyone fumbling with theirs still. ;-D

Cheers.
    Last edited by El_Monty457; 03-03-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    I thought the frames were going to be $20?
    Now that you have them, can you say what kind of shape the used vests are in?
    Thanks.
    The vest are very good to excellent shape.

The frames will work too with the 82 Pattern ruck sacks. Not the same color, but they will attach solid.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    Med fits like a Large/XL.
    Thanks!

The frames will work too with the 82 Pattern ruck sacks. Not the same color, but they will attach solid.
    What about the 64 pattern?
    I am a kit hor(der)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Expendable Nate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    What about the 64 pattern?
    I'd buy one for sure if it works with the 64
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance. Be specific about what you want.

CSSA
    IPSC

We do not have a 64 Pattern to check this on.

Another note on the jackets. I just came in from clearing snow. We are -15 with a 22 KM wind, feels like -22. Was out for an hour on a tractor with no cab. Did not get cold at all! Amazing for a 3 LBS jacket!

They are far lighter and more comfortable than the Canadian ECW jackets.

Another note on the jackets. I just came in from clearing snow. We are -15 with a 22 KM wind, feels like -22. Was out for an hour on a tractor with no cab. Did not get cold at all! Amazing for a 3 LBS jacket!

They are far lighter and more comfortable than the Canadian ECW jackets.
    -22?! Good lord!
    I'm a Vancouverite. I have no idea what that's like.

Anyway, I have the grey/green camo vest and the CF coveralls. Top quality kit. A very good deal for what you're getting IMHO.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Thanks for shipping my order out today, I'm impressed you made it to Canada Post with that wind. I'm with bcBravo no idea what that's like but I can tell you what rain feels and looks like.