Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: House of 1911S: New line - Freedom Series

CGN Regular
    Well I just got an email back from fusion he said final machining and tuning is done here and we import some of the parts to keep cost down.

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    Well I just got an email back from fusion he said final machining and tuning is done here and we import some of the parts to keep cost down.
    Hah, no. Once you apply a finish to the firearm, there is no final machining. The black oxide finish these have is a clear indication that Shooters Arms does all the crafting work before they send something out.

I'd think the only thing they would do is probably add the grips since there is no cocobolo in the Philippines.

Someone somewhere is either being lied to or covering the source up. They're doing a bad job of it.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it. -Jeff Cooper

D.V.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscript View Post
    A hand fit 1911 that's under $700 USD ($1000 Cad) that is made entirely in the US is almost impossible.

Also, I see no claims anywhere by Fusion as the origin of these pistols or the mention of "Made in USA" in any of their videos.

Many of the features and parts of these 1911's (Trigger and hammer design namely) are indicative of Shooter Arms rebranding, since all pistols that come out of that factory share similarities (In this case the most obvious is the finish).

I'm highly, highly suspect of Wanstalls claim that these are 100% USA made. I could be wrong, in which case all the similarities are purely coincidental and the price is too good to be true.
    According to Fusion's web site (bold-face is mine):

Fusion Firearms is a OEM Manufacturer of 1911 Frames, Slides, Barrels and complete fitted uppers.

This whole subject can be put to rest with a factory tour. I love factory tour videos. Hint: Wanstalls.

BTW, this is a gorgeous custom pistol (not likely one I can afford):

Last edited by 9mmGunGuy; 01-28-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Regular
    I have a fusion 10mm cbob it's a beautiful firearm

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    Where are the frames made?
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    100% made in the USA
    Wow quite the response in this thread!

It seems a few people have taken the statement out of context, above is the original question and answer. I do apologize if some people feel it was misleading, it was not my intention.

The frame, slide and barrel are all bar stock made in the USA, some of the other parts in the firearms are made out of country. (like many other 1911 manufacturers)

The great news is we sell Wilson and Fusion 1911 parts (that are made in the USA) to upgrade anything someone feels something needs replacing.

Early next week we will be posting a list of where the other parts are coming from.

-Matt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Wow quite the response in this thread!

It seems a few people have taken the statement out of context, above is the original question and answer. I do apologize if some people feel it was misleading, it was not my intention.

The frame, slide and barrel are all bar stock made in the USA, some of the other parts in the firearms are made out of country. (like many other 1911 manufacturers)

The great news is we sell Wilson and Fusion 1911 parts (that are made in the USA) to upgrade anything someone feels something needs replacing.

Early next week we will be posting a list of where the other parts are coming from.

-Matt
    Any idea when the site will be back up? I sent an email last night about the possibility of procuring some Wilson sights, but there are some other parts I'm looking at too.

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    Any idea when the site will be back up? I sent an email last night about the possibility of procuring some Wilson sights, but there are some other parts I'm looking at too.
    No eta yet we are available via phone 1-888-967-4867 to take orders.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    No eta yet we are available via phone 1-888-967-4867 to take orders.
    I'll try to get a list together over the weekend and give you guys a call tomorrow, or Monday. I'm still curious about the 1911 Battlesights though

Projected Canadian retail on the fusion longslide?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gwhysow's Avatar
    Anything in 9mm?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234